Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder if we going to playing in the new kit tonight?

Is that even allowed by PL rules?

Just now, sne said:

Is that even allowed by PL rules?

Think so, years and years clubs have been playing their last few games in their next season kits. 

generally annoys me, but I’m keen to see ours now 😂

Think so, years and years clubs have been playing their last few games in their next season kits. 

generally annoys me, but I’m keen to see ours now 😂

Even when they've changed kit suppliers and sponsors?

🤔 not sure, never paid that much attention to that aspect

Yeah that's the one I'm unsure about. Fully agree on it being annoying that other clubs reveal their new kits at final game while we do it 3 weeks into the new season.

Just now, sne said:

Yeah that's the one I'm unsure about. Fully agree on it being annoying that other clubs reveal their new kits at final game while we do it 3 weeks into the new season.

Exactly, would be ideal to get a new kit before the family holiday for a change. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we ended up wearing a kit tonight... Or even announcing it... That in itself deserves meltdown 😂

We've consistently been one of, if not THE last to ever do these things!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we ended up wearing a kit tonight... Or even announcing it... That in itself deserves meltdown 😂

We've consistently been one of, if not THE last to ever to these things!

2001 is the last time I can remember us ever wearing the following season's kit in the last home game

• Like 1

No new kit tonight, the club are promoting the game using images of the players in this season's Castore kit

We get this every season people think we're going to wear a new kit on the last day but it never happens, just like we don't announce a new player as the kit is launched

The season will be over this time next week, so all the adidas stuff is probably a build up to then

I doubt adidas would agree to reveal the kit in such a game, as wouldn't want it associated with a potential loss, some might say likely loss

If we win maybe an aeroplane with a banner saying 'Aston Villa qualify for Champions League Impossible is Nothing'  will fly overhead

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, useless said:

No new kit tonight, the club are promoting the game using images of the players in this season's Castore kit

We get this every season people think we're going to wear a new kit on the last day but it never happens, just like we don't announce a new player as the kit is launched

The season will be over this time next week, so all the adidas stuff is probably a build up to then

I doubt adidas would agree to reveal the kit in such a game, as wouldn't want it associated with a potential loss, some might say likely loss

If we win maybe an aeroplane with a banner saying 'Aston Villa qualify for Champions League Impossible is Nothing'  will fly overhead

We don’t get this every season though. People might speculate, but we’ve never had this kind of build up with the new kit manufacturer’s logo plastered everywhere. 

there’s very clearly been a concerted effort to get all this adidas stuff ready for today. 

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, useless said:

1. This is completely not relevant at all. The players have been wearing Castore all season, the club can hardly photshop in an addidas logo

2. This is the first season where we have bought out our existing kit supplier to get a new one in.

3. It seem the deal has cut Castore out early, if they were going to wait until the end of the season why not just wait until the contract ends. 

4. The idea that Adidas won't want us to launch the kit because we might lose is laughable. Teams lose games all the time. This is a very high profile game live on Sky.

In other words I think they will want Adidas announcement to coincide with Champions League qualification rather than beforehand.

So if we do it tonight, maybe the players will run into the tunnel at fulltime and then come back out in their new Adidas kits, which sounds dramatic, but somthing like that

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

We don’t get this every season though. People might speculate, but we’ve never had this kind of build up with the new kit manufacturer’s logo plastered everywhere

I think it's just clever marketing, the club know what they're doing, it will create a pre game buzz and excitement 

I had doubts that VP would be rocking tonight, I think after Thursday and the spurs result there will be too many nerves but I also think this will genuinely help, people might even turn up at VP earlier to see it, join in with the coach turning up 

I think the whole thing is a ploy to push us over the line, I like it and obviously hope it works 

• Like 1

Teams lose games all the time, but clubs don't launch kits during games all the time, the idea that Adidas wouldn't want the launch associated with a loss isn't laughable at all, and especially when they could coincide the launch with us qualifying for Champions League

3 minutes ago, useless said:

In other words I think they will want Adidas announcement to coincide with Champions League qualification rather than beforehand.

So if we do it tonight, maybe the players will run into the tunnel at fulltime and then come back out in their new Adidas kits, which sounds dramatic, but somthing like that

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've consistently been one of, if not THE last to ever to these things!

We have, but I think that’s because we sign contracts on an annual basis, rather than a football season basis so it’s always a 12 month cycle of contracts meaning we can’t show the new kit early.

I don’t expect the new kit tonight, but, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a it announced soon because I think us breaking from castore early means we can start this contract early too?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I had doubts that VP would be rocking tonight,

I don't know why, as it's the last home game of the season, we are playing Liverpool and can potentially confirm CL qualification.

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know why, as it's the last home game of the season, we are playing Liverpool and can potentially confirm CL qualification.

Nerves 

I can see it being very quiet after about 5 mins as the doubts kick in, lots of groaning 

I think a Monday night game does us no favours 

Â