Midweek Football 18/21 December

andykeenan

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

West Ham clearly prioritising the Europa and the league. 

The ceiling for a team playing Moyesball, even one with excellent players like Paqueta, Kudus, Bowen, Alvarez etc, is probably 7th given the strength of the competition. Europa League seems winnable (if they somehow avoid Liverpool). 

Klopp having a go at his own fans after the game last night. Difficult to think of a manager who’s taken such a nose dive in terms of being Mr Nice guy, funny and reasonable to someone who just comes across like a bell every time he opens his mouth. 

Not sure but I feel like something happened to his father a few years ago and he’s been increasingly horrible ever since. 

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Klopp having a go at his own fans after the game last night. Difficult to think of a manager who’s taken such a nose dive in terms of being Mr Nice guy, funny and reasonable to someone who just comes across like a bell every time he opens his mouth. 

Not sure but I feel like something happened to his father a few years ago and he’s been increasingly horrible ever since. 

They’ve got Arsenal at the weekend, he needs them fired up.

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He was a bit abrupt in the post match interview too, like he couldn't wait for it to finish, when it did, he just walked off giving his, which has now become standard, sarcastic smile.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He was a bit abrupt in the post match interview too, like he couldn't wait for it to finish, when it did, he just walked off giving his, which has now become standard, sarcastic smile.

That’s just how he has to smile now that his new horse teeth are too big for his mouth.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Klopp saying that any supporters “not in the right shape” for the game against Arsenal should give away their tickets.

Can't imagine that's going to go down well. Klopp might be trying to talk his way to an exit. I'd say he's tired of that job now and can see that once Salah goes next summer they will be in trouble, Nunez has flopped. Plus I'd say a lot of the players are sick of his style of high energy football too. I still think they are going to the win the league but a long run in the Europa league might hurt their chances. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Can't imagine that's going to go down well. Klopp might be trying to talk his way to an exit. I'd say he's tired of that job now and can see that once Salah goes next summer they will be in trouble, Nunez has flopped. Plus I'd say a lot of the players are sick of his style of high energy football too. 

You could be right. He’s probably at a time in his life / career now where he just follows the money around the world doing short stints and getting silly wages.

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

He never was a nice guy but the stupid media bought into it. He was bullying refs back in his Dortmund days

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Can't imagine that's going to go down well. Klopp might be trying to talk his way to an exit

Most fans online seem to be in full agreement with him.

The fans at the match will be furious, if they managed to find their hearing aids when the wireless was on.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Most fans online seem to be in full agreement with him.

Most fans online have never even been to Liverpool, let alone Anfield on a matchday so they'll happy be judgmental about it.  The "quiet" fans at Anfield are a symptom of a problem that has been created by football as a whole, and particularly by the very biggest clubs.  Inside the stadium they've got a lot of people you can put into one of two categories,  people that have been sitting on season tickets for years (or have had them passed down through the family) who know they can never give them up because they'll never get them back, and people who have had to pay an absolute fortune to get inside because the only way they can get in to see a game is via hospitality or the black market. Not everybody in the stadium is like this of course, but it's enough to make an impact on atmosphere and we went past the point of no return on that front years ago.   I know a lot of people will just think Klopp is using a bit of reverse psychology to stir up the fans ahead of the Arsenal game, and to a certain extent he is,  but there's also an elephant in the room. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Inside the stadium they've got a lot of people you can put into one of two categories,  people that have been sitting on season tickets for years (or have had them passed down through the family) who know they can never give them up because they'll never get them back, and people who have had to pay an absolute fortune to get inside because the only way they can get in to see a game is via hospitality or the black market. 

Another reason why the cancelling of our North Stand project is so baffling. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

Could be 15 points above Brighton after 18 games. Not a bad place to be at all.

A west ham win over Man United would do nicely, but any result there is good really, Man United winning helps the top 7 break away and gets us closer to ensuring some kind of European football if we shit the bed, they both drop points, or Man United slip further from challenging us for a CL spot.

• Like 1

Â