Midweek Football 11/14 December

andykeenan

Just now, Jareth said:

If I'm a murdering rich boy I'd be planning on chopping Howe pronto and getting someone good in and giving them the rest of the season to aclimatise.  

Nah, it's not a top 4 squad, it's not even that good a squad, they've subbed off miley for longstaff in this game... You'd be punishing him for overachieving last year

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Does anyone think this could be us next year, if we make champions League I hope we get out the group stages

No. If we qualify for the CL it will be down to consistent, brilliant performances over a year and a half. Not riding the crest of a wave like other clubs have done.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

But how?

We get points as a league each time teams get win or draw in Europe or reach the next stage, the total points is then divided up by the amount of teams we started with. Other countries will have more teams in Europe racking up points while we have less. Top 2 leagues get the extra CL place.

Also It's good for Newcaslte to have been distracted by Thursday games, keep their players tired. Its bad for 5th place and bad for us as Newcastle will be fresher second half of the season.

eh, no europe will prob help newcastle in the league, and them not getting any europe thingy means less chance of 5th being a euro spot.

i hate newcastle, but im not sure its good that they are out tbh.

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Means 5th is very unlikely to get a champions league place. And Newcastle and man U will have less games.

Does it? We will win the ECL, Liverpool will probably win thr EL and the cheating ***** or Arsenal may well win the CL or at least go far. 

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Does anyone think this could be us next year, if we make champions League I hope we get out the group stages

Depends, in this group having played well at times it is what it is

In Utds group with those performances then I'd probably be pissed

The more I think about it the more I think we really, really need to qualify for CL this year. It's the key to keeping our best players and attracting the calibre we need to keep pushing upwards.

I'm not saying that if we don't the Emery project is over, but you have to take your chances in the current era or the big clubs find a way to tear you down.

Edited by jayEm

Just now, jayEm said:

The more I think about it the more I think we really, really need to qualify for CL this year. It's the key to keeping our best players and attracting the calibre we need to keep pushing upwards.

I'm not saying that if we don't the Emery project is over, but you have to take your chances in the current era or the big club find a way to tear you down.

Agreed and this is why Id prefer to get CL over winning a cup, its vital IMO. Newcastle are only going to get stronger as the years go on and Chelsea and Utd won't be dreadful forever, we have to take advantage.

• Like 1

Â