Midweek Football 11/14 December

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In Utds group with those performances then I'd probably be pissed

Pissed? I'm guessing this is an Americanism? One of many forcing their way into the English lexicon from trash US television. 

Unless you are American of course. In which case, "my bad". *shudders. 😉

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No. If we qualify for the CL it will be down to consistent, brilliant performances over a year and a half. Not riding the crest of a wave like other clubs have done.

In fairness that was Newcastle for 18 months

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Embarrassing showing from the Premier League that both Newcastle and United are out of Europe not just the Champions League before Christmas

Newcastle and United? That would Newcastle United and?

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Pissed? I'm guessing this is an Americanism? One of many forcing their way into the English lexicon from trash US television. 

Unless you are American of course. In which case, "my bad". *shudders. 😉

It's not an Americanism, English people are just too lazy to write "pissed off"

I feel like this season the race for the title and the race for CL will be largely the same for a while now. Maybe one or two will pull away near the end but I can see the current top five continuing at roughly the same pace while United, Newcastle, Brighton go along on a slightly lower trajectory.

Edited by jayEm

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I think Newcastle did better than I was expecting. Having watched their recent form I thought this would be a comfortable win for Milan. It does feel like Newcastle has run out of steam and the Christmas fixtures won't help that. 

Milan are struggling at the moment and have been in poor form in Italy. Newcastle really should have won this

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So only Italy have more teams in Europe than England? Why’s everyone panicking then? 

Mild overreaction to 2 clubs exiting Europe altogether. It isn't ideal, but at least 1 English team should go deep into each of the 3 competions (Man City, Liverpool and Villa). Could do with Germany and Italy losing at least team in the 1st knockout rounds and Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham getting to the last 8/semi's.

Not sure the Italian teams are all that, and Spain are propped up by 3 teams. I still think England will finish top 2, but probably 2nd

Edited by StewieGriffin

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Mild overreaction to 2 clubs exiting Europe altogether. It isn't ideal, but at least 1 English team should go deep into each of the 3 competions (Man City, Liverpool and Villa). Could do with Germany and Italy losing a team in the 1st knockout rounds and Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham getting to the last 8/semi's.

Not sure the Italian teams are all that, and Spain are propped up by 3 teams. I still think England will finish top 2, but probably 2nd

With dortmund there's every danger, frankfurt are finishing 2nd in their ECL group too

We've lost 2 teams who were never winning anything anyway, city, us and the 3 teams in the EL could all go far

Edit - Spain don't have a ECL team from the look of it and sevilla also finished bottom in the CL so they're done

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Mild overreaction to 2 clubs exiting Europe altogether. It isn't ideal, but at least 1 English team should go deep into each of the 3 competions (Man City, Liverpool and Villa). Could do with Germany and Italy losing at least team in the 1st knockout rounds and Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham getting to the last 8/semi's.

Massive overreaction all round. A good chance English teams will be in all three finals, nothing to worry about unless they all start getting knocked out in the early KO rounds.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With dortmund there's every danger, frankfurt are finishing 2nd in their ECL group too

We've lost 2 teams who were never winning anything anyway, city, us and the 3 teams in the EL could all go far

Edit - Spain don't have a ECL team from the look of it and sevilla also finished bottom in the CL so they're done

Spain still have 4 Champions League teams left who all won the group

Â