Player Values Winter 2023

Delphinho123

For the first time in a long time, I feel like we have genuine quality throughout our squad. We have a system and we don’t seem to be weakened regardless of who slots in to certain positions. A lot of credit obviously has to go to Emery for this but it got me thinking, how valuable is our squad and IF (and it’s a big IF), we were brave enough to sell a big player to fund purchases elsewhere, how much would we get for each of our players? 

I’ve had a go below, trying to be realistic of course. Some players are hard to judge due to injuries and obviously age is a factor when it comes to sale value.

All values in £ Sterling.
Martinez 75m
Cash 20m
Konsa 50m
Torres 50m
Carlos 25m
Mings 20m
Digne 12m
Moreno 15m
Ramsey 60m
Dendoncker 5m
McGinn 35m
Kamara 80m
Luiz 90m
Tielemans 30m
Bailey 30m
Diaby 50m
Buendia 20m
Watkins 65m
Duran 20m

I don’t want us to sell any of our players obviously, but I’ll be interested to see how we fend off bids for our players in the Summer. There is absolutely no question teams will be looking at the likes of Kamara and Luiz. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For the first time in a long time, I feel like we have genuine quality throughout our squad. We have a system and we don’t seem to be weakened regardless of who slots in to certain positions. A lot of credit obviously has to go to Emery for this but it got me thinking, how valuable is our squad and IF (and it’s a big IF), we were brave enough to sell a big player to fund purchases elsewhere, how much would we get for each of our players? 

I’ve had a go below, trying to be realistic of course. Some players are hard to judge due to injuries and obviously age is a factor when it comes to sale value.

Martinez 75m
Cash 20m
Konsa 50m
Torres 50m
Carlos 25m
Mings 20m
Digne 12m
Moreno 15m
Ramsey 60m
Dendoncker 5m
McGinn 35m
Kamara 80m
Luiz 90m
Tielemans 30m
Bailey 30m
Diaby 50m
Buendia 20m
Watkins 65m
Duran 20m

I don’t want us to sell any of our players obviously, but I’ll be interested to see how we fend off bids for our players in the Summer. There is absolutely no question teams will be looking at the likes of Kamara and Luiz. 

Some of those are on the low side in my opinion, it would take 60 million plus change to even open the door with regard to McGinn 

Surprised you valued Buendia so high

you would not get change out of 70 million for a player with equivalent stats of Bailey either

Edited by Follyfoot

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Some of those are on the low side in my opinion, it would take 60 million plus change to even open the door with regard to McGinn 

Surprised you valued Buendia so high

you would not get change out of 70 million for a player with equivalent stats of Bailey either

That’s fair. I think McGinn is amazing, was just wary of his age. 

Baileys stats are impressive this season for sure. 

If only Salah and Haaland have anywhere near comparable output to Watkins in the last 12month....just how much money would it take for us to take a bid seriously? Hojland at manure cost them over 70m and has scored the princely total of SFA in the Premier league this season so far. 

On that basis, I think you're shortchanged by a long way on him. 

However, all values need adjusting to the manure / Chelsea index. They overpay by a comically large amount, so maybe not the best way to judge. E.g Caicedo worth 100m+ more then Kamara. Or 90m more than Doug. 

• Like 1

All values in £ Sterling.
Martinez 100m
Cash 20m
Konsa 80m
Torres 80m
Carlos 50m
Mings 50m
Digne 20m
Moreno 25m
Ramsey 80m
Dendoncker 5m
McGinn 50m
Kamara 100m
Luiz 120m
Tielemans 80m
Bailey 80m
Diaby 80m
Buendia 50m
Watkins 100m
Duran 20m

It would have to be in the region of these values for me to open the door at all because it’s hard to replace what these provide and it doesn’t always work with supposedly better players. We need to continue to upgrade but players like Dougie are virtually priceless and when you consider Rice and the Chelsea two went for over £100m then Dougie is in that category.  The defenders comparisons of Maguire for 80m comes to mind. As for the likes of Bailey when you compare to the prices of Sancho, Antony and Mudryk.

• Like 3

this is my opinion or a "rough" lower and upper limit.

I have tried to consider age as well as ability and recent performance.

I have also tried to be very realistic with some of the upper values, for example, yes Emi 1 is a world class kepper, on paper he is probably worth 75m+, but in reality, i just dont see a team being willing to spend that, i just dont think its realistic, just my opinion though.

The variance is just based on what i think could happen, ie: they are probably worth the upper to certain clubs, in certain scenarios, but you never know, i know Ceicedo and Fernandez went for stupid Chelsea money, but Liverpool got Mac-Allistair for 35m, so the values arent always what you would actually expect?

Another example, Watkins, i know he is doing well, he has a lot of strengths to his game, but i also think some of his weaknesses are exactly what top clubs actually look for, such as technical ability, so for me, although to us he might be worth 80m, to actual top clubs who have that kind of money, i dont think he would be worth that to them, again, just my opinion.

Just a rough guess, after all.

image.png.077269b3e03dc173a9d04fe21fd57cc2.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

this is my opinion or a "rough" lower and upper limit.

I have tried to consider age as well as ability and recent performance.

I have also tried to be very realistic with some of the upper values, for example, yes Emi 1 is a world class kepper, on paper he is probably worth 75m+, but in reality, i just dont see a team being willing to spend that, i just dont think its realistic, just my opinion though.

The variance is just based on what i think could happen, ie: they are probably worth the upper to certain clubs, in certain scenarios, but you never know, i know Ceicedo and Fernandez went for stupid Chelsea money, but Liverpool got Mac-Allistair for 35m, so the values arent always what you would actually expect?

Another example, Watkins, i know he is doing well, he has a lot of strengths to his game, but i also think some of his weaknesses are exactly what top clubs actually look for, such as technical ability, so for me, although to us he might be worth 80m, to actual top clubs who have that kind of money, i dont think he would be worth that to them, again, just my opinion.

Just a rough guess, after all.

image.png.077269b3e03dc173a9d04fe21fd57cc2.png

Jeez you are never selling anything for me 😉 Prices at repossession values.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I bet if we said to Man U, Spurs and a few others they can have Watkins for £75m they’d snap our hands off without a second thought.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I bet if we said to Man U, Spurs and a few others they can have Watkins for £75m they’d snap our hands off without a second thought.

i dont think they would, but each to their own opinion i guess.

Fackin hell in the current market some of those values are about half of the actual market value. Emi is easily £100m + . 

Ollie and Luiz nothing less than £120m. Boubs got to be around £105m our defenders have to valued according to the slabhead scale. Konsa is an England squad candidate now.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Fackin hell in the current market some of those values are about half of the actual market value. Emi is easily £100m + . 

Ollie and Luiz nothing less than £120m. Boubs got to be around £105m our defenders have to valued according to the slabhead scale. Konsa is an England squad candidate now.  

With all due respect - we are not getting £120 mill for Ollie or Dougie imho or £100 for Emi.

I would be happy if these valuations were  actually representative of them, but even more happy if they committed themselves to the club for the remainder of their top flight careers.

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

With all due respect - we are not getting £120 mill for Ollie or Dougie imho or £100 for Emi.

I would be happy if these valuations were  actually representative of them, but even more happy if they committed themselves to the club for the remainder of their top flight careers.

Caciedo £115m - Chelsea have broken the market. Rice £105m

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Martinez 75m
Cash 20m
Konsa 50m
Torres 50m
Carlos 25m
Mings 20m
Digne 12m
Moreno 15m
Ramsey 60m
Dendoncker 5m
McGinn 35m
Kamara 80m
Luiz 90m
Tielemans 30m
Bailey 30m
Diaby 50m
Buendia 20m
Watkins 65m
Duran 20m

Add at least 40 million to each player's value and then we may even get close .

Ridiculously low valuations.

Value is one thing, but price is what the seller is willing to accept for the asset.

Anything under $80m-100m for the following during the Jan window would be laughed at. That can change quickly with form, who we buy, injury, and it being a summer vs winter transfer, but none of these are leaving this window unless it's daylight robbery numbers.

Martinez
Konsa
Torres
Ramsey
McGinn
Kamara
Luiz 
Bailey
Diaby
Watkins

The player value could mean a lot of things:

• The value that player contribute to the team in form of match performance and other things like shirt sale.
  • The value the owning club set before a sale is considered.
  • The value the buying club is willing to pay to get the player.
  • A fair market value taking into age, injury record, recent match performances and more.

Is Luiz worth £115 million, most likely not, but if the club would not listen to offers below £115 million, then that is what is required, or else he stays at Villa.

Martinez 80m  vv 100m
Cash 30m   vv 30m
Konsa 50m  vv 50m
Torres 70m  vv 100m
Carlos 25m  vv 25m
Mings 20m vv 20m
Digne 15m vv 25m
Moreno 15m vv 25m
Ramsey 80m vv 100m
Dendoncker 10m vv 10m
McGinn 50m vv 80m
Kamara 70m vv 100m
Luiz 110m vv 110
Tielemans 50m vv 50 
Bailey 75m vv 100m
Diaby 75m vv 100m
Buendia 25m vv 25m
Watkins 80m vv 120m
Duran 20m

These are my realistic valuations. With their value to Villa (vv) next to them.

Players like McGinn, Watkins, and Kamara are far more valuable then the price we could get for them.

• Like 1