Player Values Winter 2023

Delphinho123

The reason there are wildly different valuations is because some are looking at the value to Villa and what we would be willing to sell at. Others are looking at their value to other clubs and what a buying club would realistically pay.

Mings is a good example here.

To a buying club he is a 31 year old player (by the time he's back to playing fitness), no resale value, just come back from a year-long injury and might never get back to PL standard, on relatively high wages. Worth a punt at £10m? Probably not unless you are Luton, Sheffield, etc and even then you'd prefer him on loan then decide once you see what division you are in and whether he is fully recovered or not.

To Villa he is our talisman, a great defender, gives blood for the club, we have seen how good he was before his injury and expect him to come back to that level once he's back. Worth £40-50m if we had to go and buy a player like that.

23 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

For the first time in a long time, I feel like we have genuine quality throughout our squad. We have a system and we don’t seem to be weakened regardless of who slots in to certain positions. A lot of credit obviously has to go to Emery for this but it got me thinking, how valuable is our squad and IF (and it’s a big IF), we were brave enough to sell a big player to fund purchases elsewhere, how much would we get for each of our players? 

I’ve had a go below, trying to be realistic of course. Some players are hard to judge due to injuries and obviously age is a factor when it comes to sale value.

All values in £ Sterling.
Martinez 75m
Cash 20m
Konsa 50m
Torres 50m
Carlos 25m
Mings 20m
Digne 12m
Moreno 15m
Ramsey 60m
Dendoncker 5m
McGinn 35m
Kamara 80m
Luiz 90m
Tielemans 30m
Bailey 30m
Diaby 50m
Buendia 20m
Watkins 65m
Duran 20m

I don’t want us to sell any of our players obviously, but I’ll be interested to see how we fend off bids for our players in the Summer. There is absolutely no question teams will be looking at the likes of Kamara and Luiz. 

Think you undervalued Emi M, Luiz, Kamara, Ramsey and Watkins pretty heavily. I'd say by 20-30 mil on each of them. 

Dendoncker is worth mroe than 5, 9 or 10 probably for a guy who can start for half the teams in the prem. 

Digne and Moreno are both probably worth 20 mil, Digne especially would need to be sold for at least 15 mil to break even on ffp. 

Tielemans and Bailey are worth at least 50 each as well. As 26 year olds who'd be rotation players for any team in the country and starting for basically everyone but the top 5 (and even then we are in the top 5 and the 2 of them have been starting for us).

The Grealish transfer fee rolls off the FFP calculator at the end of the season. I wonder with us hopefully ending the season in the top 4 will allow us to avoid any major sells. It would be nice if we could continue selling players around the periphery of the squad and not one of our heavy hitters.