Weekends Football 1/3 December

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Worse and worse every year. It's at a crisis level. 

Maybe time for some women and non-white men. They'd know they would be under more scrutiny and have less room for error. Maybe that's what it takes for an improvement!

Yet their own metrics say they’re getting better and better…

something’s gotta give  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They can, sure, but if I were betting on the outcome I'd probably go with one point over the two games.

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Maddison is a massive loss for them and Bissouma is no Bentancur. You wonder what Levy will do, if anything, in January. 

I've never seen a team lose 4 straight games playing at the level they are. Or see a manager as philosophical about it all. 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

something’s gotta give  

Something appears to give several times a week, but nothing changes.

It's like a massive tumor that doctors are unwilling to acknowledge. 

I dread that idiotic officiating sinks us at the critical moment(s) this season. 

43 minutes ago, useless said:

Spurs getting a result is terrible for us, it means they will probably go above us in the week now, as they play West Ham, whilst we play Man City, even if we beat Man City it's still a bad result for us, because by the end of the season Man City will be way ahead. Also takes some of the shine from our draw today, as at least it meant us gaining a point on Spurs, but now looks like we're going to lose that.

Actually I think Spurs will probably win their next two, by which time they could well be four points ahead of us.

It's also terrible in the sense that Man City rarely have two bad results in a row, so will make Wednesday's game even harder now.

Not sure why clowns are replying with laughing faces to this, it's true, Spurs getting a point is bad for us, it gives them a confidence boost going into coming games, it will make Man City even harder for us as they will be even more determined now as they won't want to drop points two games in a row.

Today was a day when we would have expected to gain three points on Spurs, but that hasn't happened.

Also Spurs next six games are West Ham (h), Newcastle (h), Forest (h), Everton (h), Brighton (a), Bournemouth (h), they will win most of those.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

it will make Man City even harder for us as they will be even more determined now as they won't want to drop points two games in a row.

They've already dropped points for three games in a row.

I agree with the principle - we're not catching City and Spurs are (imo) our main rivals in the league - but they are going to get a result from time to time.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've already dropped points for three games in a row.

I agree with the principle - we're not catching City and Spurs are (imo) our main rivals in the league - but they are going to get a result from time to time.

Was only about 6 weeks ago Spurs were about 7 points clear of us so no real drama. Yes we could've been 5 points clear of them but I will take 2 points and a better GD for now.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why clowns are replying with laughing faces to this, it's true, Spurs getting a point is bad for us, it gives them a confidence boost going into coming games, it will make Man City even harder for us as they will be even more determined now as they won't want to drop points two games in a row.

Today was a day when we would have expected to gain three points on Spurs, but that hasn't happened.

Also Spurs next six games are West Ham (h), Newcastle (h), Forest (h), Everton (h), Brighton (a), Bournemouth (h), they will win most of those.

Spurs surely don't have five of their next 6 games at home?!

Will be interesting how they do v a West Ham low block on Thursday.

So we are still barely playing any home games and yet our direct rivals get home game after home game (Man. united also have two home games coming up this week).

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs surely don't have five of their next 6 games at home?!

Will be interesting how they do v a West Ham low block on Thursday.

So we are still barely playing any home games and yet our direct rivals get home game after home game (Man. united also have two home games coming up this week).

I think 4 of their next 6 league matches are at home (same as Villa)

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Worse and worse every year. It's at a crisis level. 

Maybe time for some women and non-white men. They'd know they would be under more scrutiny and have less room for error. Maybe that's what it takes for an improvement!

how about we just get competent, properly trained and able refs, i dont care what race or sex they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Loser mentality. 

2 hours ago, Caddy said:

I know it's easy to point at the Sky 6 bias and whatnot but City just got absolutely robbed of 2 points by that decision IMO, refs have lost the plot

Huge assumption that Grealish would have finished that tbh.

Â