Weekends Football 1/3 December

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how about we just get competent, properly trained and able refs, i dont care what race or sex they are.

Nor do I, but clearly the criteria used for employing competent and accountable officials in the Premier League is flawed. 

My statement about women and minorities was somewhat rhetorical,  but the theory behind it might not be as pie-in-sky as it superficially looks.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nor do I, but clearly the criteria used for employing competent and accountable officials in the Premier League is flawed. 

My statement about women and minorities was somewhat rhetorical,  but the theory behind it might not be as pie-in-sky as it superficially looks.

You obviously don't watch womens football and witness female referees first hand. Believe, they are not what we need.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

i guess a corrupt and incompetent system, creates corrupt and incompetent people.

i tend to think the whole system needs ripping up root and stem first, and starting over, no point in building a shiny new wall on rotten foundations, it needs proper governance, proper training and development and accountability, ejection of the old boys club, then finding, developing and training highly competent people to do reffing, and the right people overseeing it, two totally separate and independant groups need to oversee VAR and on pitch reffing also, they cant be linked in any way imo.

so...clearly, none of that will happen, so its basically f**ked i guess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i guess a corrupt and incompetent system, creates corrupt and incompetent people.

i tend to think the whole system needs ripping up root and stem first, and starting over, no point in building a shiny new wall on rotten foundations, it needs proper governance, proper training and development and accountability, ejection of the old boys club, then finding, developing and training highly competent people to do reffing, and the right people overseeing it, two totally separate and independant groups need to oversee VAR and on pitch reffing also, they cant be linked in any way imo.

so...clearly, none of that will happen, so its basically f**ked i guess.

At this point, it's reached a level of embarrassment and incompetence unique to the Premier League. No league has ever been as popular and had as many people from around the globe watching it, which makes it's Hackney Marshes level officiating all the more scandalous. The players deserve better and fans too.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

At this point, it's reached a level of embarrassment and incompetence unique to the Premier League. No league has ever been as popular and had as many people from around the globe watching it, which makes it's Hackney Marshes level officiating all the more scandalous. The players deserve better and fans too.

i agree.

i dont get how the so called best, and richest league in the world, and ever in history, has such a corrupt and incompetent system for managing and overseeing officiating, its almost mind boggling.

Its like having a cutting edge rocket scientist development group overseen by crusty the clown, its so unbelievable its almost laughable.

• Like 2

Conspiracy theory... Because the shit refs are part of the drama in the world's most exciting league... 

Are they really that interested in fixing football or are they happy for it to dominate the water cooler every day? 

Problem being it's gone too far now

Did Haaland get booked for his protest ? Hope he did. That broke the rules. 

Only kidding. But it proves that the officials need to get their own house in order before penalising players. The shirt pull today that should have been a red. And this insane decision from Hooper . The penalty to psv on tuesday .  The non penalty to brighton and then the goalkick rsther than corner following it  .

These arent tight decisions. They are insane decisions . 

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Conspiracy theory... Because the shit refs are part of the drama in the world's most exciting league... 

Are they really that interested in fixing football or are they happy for it to dominate the water cooler every day? 

Michael Oliver don't make many mistakes. If you watch him, he also don't depend on VAR to make the decisions like alot of refs do now.  He is also one of only 2 referees in the Prem to ref a game and not change his decision by looking at the VAR screen.

This proves, it's the quality of referees not VAR. Too many referees are now too dependent on VAR and have gone to shit!

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Humans create and inform AI

Yes, I was going to add the caveat that if the programming isn't 100% accurate, it'd be an entirely pointless endeavor. 

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Michael Oliver don't make many mistakes. If you watch him, he also don't depend on VAR to make the decisions like alot of refs do now.  He is also one of only 2 referees in the Prem to ref a game and not change his decision by looking at the VAR screen.

This proves, it's the quality of referees not VAR. Too many referees are now too dependent on VAR and have gone to shit!

He is one of the worst refs about. He also made a huge VAR mess last season when the red he gave Dougie via VAR was rescinded

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Then you are suggesting the Premier League is corrupt which it is 😉

Â