Formula One - 2024

BOF

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Genuinely not watched a single race or quali since the Hamilton / Verstappen fix in 2021.

I'm not really a Hamilton fan, but to have invested so much time (a race weekend is easily 10 hours of tv) to watch it kind of fixed just took away my care for F1, literally overnight.

It's definitely not that much. Practice is a waste of time to watch and for qualifying you can just watch the last 15 minutes of it. The vast majority of people just watch the race and even then you can usually switch off after half of it as the result will be known by then. 

I tend to find the hour before the race, and the first 10 laps the best bit of the race weekend.

I do enjoy the analysis, pit walk, grid walk, chats with the teams etc really interesting.

I watch qualifying, the grid walk and the race. That's it. And even then qualifying falls by the wayside sometimes. All the other stuff I cannot be arsed with. Especially the chats sitting on the high chairs. I never bother with the sprint race either. The only other stuff I do watch on a race weekend will be the F2 & F3 races when they're on the card*.

* Unless I'm too hungover

On 28/03/2024 at 08:39, pas5898 said:

Genuinely not watched a single race or quali since the Hamilton / Verstappen fix in 2021.

I'm not really a Hamilton fan, but to have invested so much time (a race weekend is easily 10 hours of tv) to watch it kind of fixed just took away my care for F1, literally overnight.

This was the end for me too. I didn't stop completely, I still catch the odd bit if I've nothing better to do, but the fire went out that day and there has not been a single spark to reignite it since then.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

At least quali was slightly close. But status quo maintained at the top. 

Lando not far off it 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’m gonna get up to watch it live, hopefully this is the 1 in 10 races that is exciting 🤞 

If you ignore the red bulls that wasn’t a bad race. The battle for 3rd to 5th was pretty interesting. 

DRS still ruins it though. Absolutely no peril whatsoever when a car catches up to the car in front. Just an automatic overtake as soon as they get there 

• Like 1

Not a classic by any means, and one that will benefit from watching the highlights rather than the full race.

Some interesting battles between the Ferrari’s, Mclaren, Aston and Mercedes but not a lot of genuine excitement.

I don’t think Max was onscreen in that race between the first lap and when he crossed the finish line. 

MAYBE when he pitted. But even then I’m not sure he was. 

You literally have to just ignore him to take any pleasure from the races

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think Max was onscreen in that race between the first lap and when he crossed the finish line. 

We didn’t see a lot of Hamilton when he was dominating but you definitely saw a lot more than we do from Max, it’s almost like they are embarrassed to show the total dominance at this point.

• Like 1

Great race from Sainz, have never been his biggest fan and definitely saw Charles as the team leader but being given the boot has seriously lit a fire under him and he’s starting to embarrass some of the top people at Ferrari who decided he needed to be moved on.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

We didn’t see a lot of Hamilton when he was dominating but you definitely saw a lot more than we do from Max, it’s almost like they are embarrassed to show the total dominance at this point.

Hamilton never dominated like this though, that’s the difference. 

It’s a compliment to Max and Red Bull, but it’s insane how boring it’s making it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Hamilton never dominated like this though, that’s the difference. 

It’s a compliment to Max and Red Bull, but it’s insane how boring it’s making it

Yeah exactly. 
Vettel & Hamilton who had dominant recent eras never had such a huge margin over their team-mate and the rest of the field.

Fair play to Max, but it makes it pretty dull for everyone else. 

I wonder how often Hamilton thinks about when Masi robbed him of the 8th title and becoming the outright most successful driver ever. 

He could have retired at that point and if anything his legacy would have been enhanced by the fact the Mercedes car went immediately downhill after that point. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder how often Hamilton thinks about when Masi robbed him of the 8th title and becoming the outright most successful driver ever. 

He could have retired at that point and if anything his legacy would have been enhanced by the fact the Mercedes car went immediately downhill after that point. 

I 100% think he’d have retired at that point

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Mercedes are just a nothing team at the moment. 

It's pretty embarrassing when you as a constructor is being bested by your customers cars.

I will say again, Lando won't be at McLaren next year when there are possible drives for Red Bull and even MB if they manage to sort themselves out

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It's pretty embarrassing when you as a constructor is being bested by your customers cars.

I will say again, Lando won't be at McLaren next year when there are possible drives for Red Bull and even MB if they manage to sort themselves out

I do think Lando is an elite driver but he really needs to win a race soon to cement that. Can’t see him going to RB, not while Max is there anyway they just don’t need the competition between the drivers like that. Not sure he’s quite at Max's level anyway.

McLaren isn’t a bad team to be at, he’s not going to be winning races anywhere until the RB dominance dies off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is why I don't watch. I get no joy from it. 

Â