Formula One - 2024

BOF

I’ve only read the brief BBC report but there’s some bizarre times in that session.

Lando pole by 1.2 seconds, over Hamilton. Max fourth. Sounds mental.

If this is what happens when it rains then we need to have that cloud seeding technology at all future races.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve only read the brief BBC report but there’s some bizarre times in that session.

Lando pole by 1.2 seconds, over Hamilton. Max fourth. Sounds mental.

If this is what happens when it rains then we need to have that cloud seeding technology at all future races.

It rained heavily towards the end of the session so times were falling all over the place.

Times were getting better as the tyres warmed up which took a few laps, but also cars were sliding out so times were being deleted regularly.

Lando's time came right at the end of the session when the tyres were quickest but people like Max and Lewis slid wide on their last lap without setting a time, hence the big difference

• Thanks 1

Would it be fair to say that the older drivers tend to be better in the rain?

It seems that way to me, and I wonder if the way that F1 has become more and more risk averse means that the younger drivers just don't get the experience in the wet anymore because F1 don't really race in the wet anymore. Of course it might just be that Alonso and Hamilton are good, but I wonder if they're the last of the drivers that will really remember driving in the rain.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would it be fair to say that the older drivers tend to be better in the rain?

It seems that way to me, and I wonder if the way that F1 has become more and more risk averse means that the younger drivers just don't get the experience in the wet anymore because F1 don't really race in the wet anymore. Of course it might just be that Alonso and Hamilton are good, but I wonder if they're the last of the drivers that will really remember driving in the rain.

I imagine it's something that just comes with experience. It's less about reflexes when it's raining, more about finding the dry lines and knowing how the car will react to the conditions. So it's natural that the older drivers with more experience will fare better

• Like 1

Max went past Lewis on lap 9 and has pulled an 11 second gap 10 laps later :lol: :lol:

Alonso/Sainz/Perez/Lerclerc battle was fun at least. Perez handed P3. 

*13 seconds actually, the actual race is in the mud tomorrow. 

Edited by Farlz

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Something has gone horribly wrong when 1 car can go 1.6 seconds faster a lap than any other car. 

Oh no doubt there will be some cheating proved at the end of the season and zero punishment given out. 

F1 ceased being a sport a while ago. 

Another Red Bull win incoming.

I wonder how much what happened in Australia will end up being in their minds, they had a genuine chance this season for Max to take every pole position and then win every race, it's only that DNF that's against him.

If Lando hadn’t **** it up so badly then we might have had a chance of a non red bull win. 

The amount of time it took Max to pass Alonso and Lewis then maybe Lando would have been able to pull out a lead. 

Once Lando had **** it there was basically no chance

• Like 1

Another procession. F1 must be losing viewers whilst it's so predictable. There's absolutely no spectacle.

Chuffed for Lando though, he was fantastic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Another procession. F1 must be losing viewers whilst it's so predictable. There's absolutely no spectacle.

Chuffed for Lando though, he was fantastic.

First race in ages I didn't watch and I'm not sure I'll watch any others. 

• Like 1

It was another race that was ok as long as you pretend Max doesn’t exist. The battle for 2nd-4th was quite entertaining. 

It’s a horrible track though.

Two safety car restarts as well and Max was never troubled. He’s coasting

It takes Max about 3 corners from the start/restart to get a wide enough gap that he doesn’t need to use his mirrors, absolute madness.

I think I mentioned before that for the last year or so my little girl has shown a strong interest in f1. She’s so young (12) she doesn’t really know how great it used to be!

So I considered tickets for the British grand prix as a treat for her… the cheapest general admission on race day is £309 each!! That is absolutely obscene. With parking, fuel, food, merch on top I’d be looking at over £700 for 1 day out (with a forgone conclusion of a result). Piss take.

Cheapest ticket with a seat is £499 each.

I don’t know how they get away with 1) charging so much and 2) not getting crucified in the media for their pricing.

Edited by Genie

Â