Weekends Football 24/26 November

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

it was called a foul on the pitch, is it a "clear and obvious" error? It's not a foul for me. but I don't think it's clearly an obvious error 

This is the only answer  and is why VAR is shit.

They never overturn any contact decision that is given on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

it was called a foul on the pitch, is it a "clear and obvious" error? It's not a foul for me. but I don't think it's clearly an obvious error 

That's jargon to let them do what they want, it means nothing 

What I didn't know until earlier in the week watching England is that the MLS and the PL are the 2 leagues with "clear and obvious" the likes of fifa and uefa don't have that language in their rules 

• Like 2

I thought it was a foul, he had his hand on the keepers bicep while the keeper was jumping for the ball and restricted his arm. I'm not sure he was the cause of Allison not getting the ball, but I think that gets given pretty much every time. In my view there was certainly nothing there that VAR could say was a definite error.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Clear and obvious “when it suits”. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

City punished for their lack of ambition - Pep putting control above scoring a second goal and they get what they deserve.

They’ve been battering liverpool, and had a perfectly good goal ruled out

Just now, Genie said:

They’ve been battering liverpool, and had a perfectly good goal ruled out

It was a foul.

For me, while they've still created occasional chances, they've not taken enough risks or pushed forward as much as they should.

They've got about ten minutes to get that right.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was a foul.

For me, while they've still created occasional chances, they've not taken enough risks or pushed forward as much as they should.

They've got about ten minutes to get that right.

In the game of opinions I think you’re in the minority on that being a foul.

City have made chances to score more goals, which was the point they didn’t show a lack of ambition. They are playing Liverpool, not Luton.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Sorry but a draw is best for our title hopes

I agree. I think Brentford will get a point against Arsenal today as well. And this sudden panic over Spurs. We beat them twice last season with arguably a stronger Spurs side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Early kick off, after an international break and no subs on 85 minutes for Guardiola. I don't want to hear any complaining Pep 

Now now, stop with this fantasy dream talk. Of course he'll complain.

Just now, Genie said:

In the game of opinions I think you’re in the minority on that being a foul.

I've seen about six opinions - yours, mine, a chap who said it wasn't clear and obvious, the team on commentary who thought it was a foul and the ref who thought it was a foul and the VAR who agreed.

I you look at the replay, the player puts his hand on the upper arm of the keeper as he reaches for the ball and pushes off on it - it's a foul.

Â