Unusual Villa Merchandise

sidcow

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A thread to discuss any unusual merchandise you have.  Here's mine:

IMG-20231029-WA0002.thumb.jpg.c4d673428d50b6528c1a093f20043e06.jpg

Bought it from Kays Catalogue in the inception year of The Premier League. 

I've worn it at probably 95% of every game I've attended since then. I wear it under my Villa top so I only don't wear it on really hot days where you really can't be wearing 2 tops. 

It's been washed so many times it's wearing extremely thin, the neckline is very frayed and it's got holes all over, but I can't stop wearing it now with all it's been through with me. 

It's obviously an item from it's time😂🤣

Not the sort of thing I want to see after a late Sunday lunch thank you. Not sure it was a good idea for a topic either. I mean yeah, were all in a good mood but come on..... Looks like your standing over the bed with a popcorn in your little tartan pants😂 ? Looks like you've been jizzing over that top for years ffs 😂

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've worn it at probably 95% of every game I've attended since then. I wear it under my Villa top so I only don't wear it on really hot days where you really can't be wearing 2 tops. 

It's been washed so many times it's wearing extremely thin, the neckline is very frayed and it's got holes all over, but I can't stop wearing it now with all it's been through with me. 

Inspiration  for the new badge. why have one lion when you can have... six?

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Definitely from its time that. Wish I’d kept my Villa memorabilia from the 90s.

• Like 1

Certain pages of Kay’s catalogue used to have that effect on me too 🤣

• Haha 3

You wore a duvet under your Villa top?

• Haha 1

Ok here’s stuff I have, although nothing I would consider unusual. Generic Villa scarf, Villa annuals, trading cards of Ian Ormondroyd and Tony Cascarino not pictured.

IMG_0379.thumb.jpeg.fe78207c6017c025c9718649f531518a.jpeg

Money box boot. Had it when I was a kid. Still have it now. Empty.

Villa figurines. Both bought when I was a kid. The taller one, the idea is that that’s an approximation of ten year old me. My name is on the back of the shirt which lends credence to it. The smaller “Villa Nut” figure was bought from a local sports shop, having seen that the deputy head in middle school had one (I wasn’t in his office because I was in trouble, honest).

Large picture of Ron Atkinson and players. Pretty confident my parents kindly bought this for me while on holiday in the Isle of Wight in 1994. Was in a positive mindset at the time, looking forward to seeing all the goals John Fashanu was going to score for us.

Second piece of art. It’s done by an artist called Paine Proffitt, from the US based in the UK. One of the more recent purchases.

Cufflinks, which say “1874”. I was best man at a wedding, the groom - also a Villa supporter - gave me them to wear.

Pint glass. Me and said Villa mate used to regularly drink at a pub in Codsall. My mate would drink in there more often than me. For whatever reason, the landlord had this glass, along with the nicely presented box and completely unannounced decided to gift it to me. In front of my Villa mate, whom it was well known which club he supported. The landlord died a while back so it will remain a mystery as to why I was given it. For what it’s worth, my mate had better luck with the female bar staff than I did so maybe that was the reason.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

I've got tubs and tubs of Villa stuff but it's all in boxes in storage.

One item I did have was an artistic type print drawing (similar to Mr Albrighton's picture above) of all the villa players from 80's and 90's.

However, it contained Yorke and Southgate and so it was swiftly donated to a charity shop many years ago.  :D

Hopefully I'll have room one day again to display all of the memorabilia that was worth keeping.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I used to have a gold villa ring, they haven't sold them for years, unfortunately I lost it while pissed camping in Cumbria

The Detectorists will be fascinated by this find a thousand years from now 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I used to have a gold villa ring, they haven't sold them for years, unfortunately I lost it while pissed camping in Cumbria

That's very unfortunate.

And it's not like you could've ran round the campsite shouting "has anyone seen my ring" either...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-K848c86MwLnaD7c9ocQ

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I did own this tracksuit.  If I remember rightly the bottoms were the reverse with mainly claret colour and light blue Umbro detailing.

aston-villa-special-football-shirt-1971-

Â