Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 3 weeks later...

The plugs in Saudi are the same style as we use in the UK

And also on the boats on which you go to view Milford Sound

My trivia for the day is that more people are killed annually by donkeys than in plane crashes...

Margerine is infact grey...It is dyed yellow to look like butter

Is that really true? I hate margerine, so it doesn't surprise me it's grey really.

But then I hate butter too :roll:

True of almost any location. You ain't dead til a doctor says so.

When i first started working on the railway, i was at Nuneaton station. I think i had been there for six weeks when some fella jumped in front of a Manchester - London express.

The train would have weighed about 450 tons. It was doing 100mph. The bloke was decapitated, and the parts of his body that werent scattered around the station were found strewn along the track at various distances of up to half a mile away.

He wasnt actually dead until the coroner said he was about an hour later!

When did that happen? I've lived in Nuneaton for nearly 20 years and can't recall it.

True of almost any location. You ain't dead til a doctor says so.

When i first started working on the railway, i was at Nuneaton station. I think i had been there for six weeks when some fella jumped in front of a Manchester - London express.

The train would have weighed about 450 tons. It was doing 100mph. The bloke was decapitated, and the parts of his body that werent scattered around the station were found strewn along the track at various distances of up to half a mile away.

He wasnt actually dead until the coroner said he was about an hour later!

When did that happen? I've lived in Nuneaton for nearly 20 years and can't recall it.

It would have been November/December 98.

Aberystwyth apparently has the most public transport per capita in either the UK or the world, I'm unsure quite which, since I was told this fact while drunk, by a mate, who heard it, while drunk, from the head of our department here, who was drunk. But apparently it's true.

Arthur Wharton was the worlds first professional black footballer and played in goal for Preston North End in 1885-6. He was also the worlds fastest man holding the record for the 100 yards.

Boston

Manchester

Brighton

Chelsea

Worcester

Reading

Ipswich

Hull

Sheffield

Plymouth

Chatham

Falmouth

Yarmouth

Swansea

Leicester

Bolton

Bedford

Northampton

Are all towns in Massachusetts

Traces of cocaine can be found on 90% of U.S. currency notes.

I'm sceptical about that one, like there has been a survey or actual test. I think thats one of the stats thats been pulled from someones ass.

Traces of cocaine can be found on 90% of U.S. currency notes.

I'm sceptical about that one, like there has been a survey or actual test. I think thats one of the stats thats been pulled from someones ass.

I'm doing a survey tonight, actually.

:winkold:

Â