Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

People in Portland (Dorset) have a superstition never to say the word 'rabbit'. So much so that the film "The curse of the were rabbit" was re-titled 'the curse of the were bunny' when promoted on the island.

People in Portland (Dorset) have a superstition never to say the word 'rabbit'. So much so that the film "The curse of the were rabbit" was re-titled 'the curse of the were bunny' when promoted on the island.

That is true. Portland is connected to Weymouth. The myth (i think) is that if you say rabbit all the rabbit tunnels under the island will collapse and the island will fall into the sea! Mad wasps the lot of em. But seriously dont say that. Some of the locals have never been of the island, and take that shit seriously

I loved Weymouth when I was a kid.

My auntie and uncle owned a guest house there, so we got free holidays during carnival week every year. Still think its my favourite seaside town in England. :D

My auntie and uncle owned a guest house there, so we got free holidays during carnival week every year. Still think its my favourite seaside town in England. :D

Thats quality mate, do you remember the name or where it was in relation to the esplanade?

Carnival day, oh now your talking!

I think im getting home sick, great town in the summer!

Thats quality mate, do you remember the name or where it was in relation to the esplanade?

Carnival day, oh now your talking!

I think im getting home sick, great town in the summer!

Cant remember exactly where it was. It was 5 minutes walk from the beach though, and it overlooked a street the carnival went down. We could watch the carnival go by from an upstairs window if we wanted. Im trying to remember the name of the guest house, but its been more than 20 years since we last went. Im sure there is a postcard or some kind of promotional material with the name of the guest house on at my parents house. If I remember to look for it, I will.

I forgot about all the Dorset connections on here. Bloody loads of us aren't there? My Dad was born in Puddletown and we've still got (an ever shrinking) family down there. Weymouth is one of my favourite coastal towns too.

My one memory of Dorset is that I was on holiday there as a child and where we were staying only had stone beaches so we went on a day excursion to Weymouth for sandy beaches and I got some teenage mutant ninja turtlers trading cards from there.

Hows that for useless information?

I go Scuba Diving off Portland , some good wreck dives and some great Scalloping drift dives ..usually come up with about 30 - 40 and have a monster fry up the next day

nothing like sticking a knife into a scallop and hacking it to pieces to build up an appetite

I forgot about all the Dorset connections on here. Bloody loads of us aren't there? My Dad was born in Puddletown and we've still got (an ever shrinking) family down there. Weymouth is one of my favourite coastal towns too.

It is amazing, theres quite a few with Dorset connections!

Its always been a massive destination for Brummies in the summer. You bloody grockles ;)

Alan Smith's Newcastle Record - 39 (0) - cost 6m. Worst signing ever ?

What makes the record even worse is that it has been over what, 2/3 seasons? So He's either been injured..........or playing shit.

Alan Smith's Newcastle Record - 39 (0) - cost 6m. Worst signing ever ?

He isnt even the worst £6m signing ever.

balaban.jpg

I feel a bit for Smith actually. Great player, could have been a regular international but for that horrible injury he got at Anfield. I dont think he has ever fully recovered from that.

Yardley used to be in Worcestershire, included Stechford and Hall Green and had a Council House which is now Sparkhill Library.

Shropshire Blue cheese originated in Scotland, not Shropshire.

During intimacy with Lady Bradman, Sir Donald always wore the cricket pads he wore during his unbeaten 337 in a day at Headingley.

If giraffes could leap pound for pound as high as a grasshopper they'd avoid a lot of nasty problems.

Â