Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

A British passport entitles you visa free access to 173 other countries, which tied with Finland and Sweden is the most of any in the world.  

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Also why the idiomatic metasyntactic variables in Python are ham, spam, and eggs (instead of the MIT-derived foo, bar, baz, qux, quux,...).

Granted, Python is right up there with Pascal in the "examples of why Europeans should never design programming languages" list I maintain. Scala (and maybe BCPL...) is about the only one that bucks that to any notable extent, and even then Odersky indulges a little bit too much in the bondage and discipline for my taste (the tendency of European language designers toward B&D is the main reason for that list).

Also why the idiomatic metasyntactic variables in Python are ham, spam, and eggs (instead of the MIT-derived foo, bar, baz, qux, quux,...).

Granted, Python is right up there with Pascal in the "examples of why Europeans should never design programming languages" list I maintain. Scala (and maybe BCPL...) is about the only one that bucks that to any notable extent, and even then Odersky indulges a little bit too much in the bondage and discipline for my taste (the tendency of European language designers toward B&D is the main reason for that list).

I love you man.

• Like 2

I love you man.

It's amazing isn't it?

He can figure out incredibly complex programmes ans understand advanced technical things...

And then he makes videos of himself eating Wendy Burgers...

WTF!?

Half man/half machine.

Python is right up there with Pascal in the "examples of why Europeans should never design programming languages" list I maintain. 

I have no doubt whatsoever that this list does actually exist.

• Like 2

Python is right up there with Pascal in the "examples of why Europeans should never design programming languages" list I maintain. 

I have no doubt whatsoever that this list does actually exist.

written down in black and binary

The Ramones (horribly overrated by the way) debut album has just been certified gold.  It was released 38 years ago.  

The Ramones (horribly overrated by the way) debut album has just been certified gold. It was released 38 years ago.

Wonder how the debut album sales compares to T-shirt sales
  • Like 1

If everybody who had a Ramones T-Shirt bought the first album then I think it would have probably outsold Thriller by now. 

I'd rather have 35 billion than 800. 

But I think I'd rather have five million than 35 billion. 

I'd definitely give at least 90% of that to charity. 

Obviously if I had 35 billion I would buy the Aston Villa Football Club and mercilessly buy title after title after title

• 3 weeks later...

Statistically, you are more likely to be bitten by Luis Suarez than a shark

I disagree. I bet he swims in warm climate seas a lot more than I do. Therefore the shark is at greater risk from him than I am.
  • Like 3

Statistically, you are more likely to be bitten by Luis Suarez than a shark

I disagree. I bet he swims in warm climate seas a lot more than I do. Therefore the shark is at greater risk from him than I am.

1342096654.jpg

The fastest speed ever clocked on the German autobahn (where there are no speed limits) is 268.8mph. 

Amazingly it was set in 1938, by this thing:

bLPfHxw.jpg

The fastest speed ever clocked on the German autobahn (where there are no speed limits) is 268.8mph. 

Amazingly it was set in 1938, by this thing:

bLPfHxw.jpg

Looks like a mutated sperm.

The P.C. game Steel Panthers first came out in the 1980s and it is still bieng played today, with an active forum etc.

The P.C. series of Close Combat games came out around about the same time and they are still bieng played today with active forums etc.

These games have got to be classics to last so long.

Â