Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The woird Chav comes from the description of a hoodie from Cheltenham, and as in parts that's the norm, the term was xoined "cheltenham average" or "chav". Not council houses and violence as most people believe.

The woird Chav comes from the description of a hoodie from Cheltenham, and as in parts that's the norm, the term was xoined "cheltenham average" or "chav". Not council houses and violence as most people believe.
"Chatham" was what I heard (Cheltenham is a bit posh for chavs, innit?) But it's disputed. Nobody really knows.

Or if you believe someone on here it's an ancient term that's been manipulated to be deeply offensive or some bollocks.

I still want to know if chavs consider themselves to be chavs.

Every other tribe seems to have worn its badge with pride - teds, mods, rockers, hippies, skins, punks, rude boys, etc., etc.

But I've never heard/seen "We are chavs".

At the Germany - Turkey game in Berlin on Friday there were more Turkish fans than German fans in the crowd.

This comes from the fact that there are about 3,000,000 Turkish people living in Germany and Berlin being the main city Turkish people moved to.

Every other tribe seems to have worn its badge with pride - teds, mods, rockers, hippies, skins, punks, rude boys, etc., etc.

There were about 4 people at my school who would dress up like chavs on purpose (trackies with high white socks and trainers) I guess with the intention of trying to look 'ard and to be fair they did live on a commissioner's estate. Perhaps it's just a Manx thing.

There were about 4 people at my school who would dress up like chavs on purpose (trackies with high white socks and trainers) I guess with the intention of trying to look 'ard and to be fair they did live on a commissioner's estate. Perhaps it's just a Manx thing.
Yes, but did they actually refer to themselves as chavs?

You just don't see "Chavs rool" on walls, do you?

Yes, but did they actually refer to themselves as chavs?

You just don't see "Chavs rool" on walls, do you?

They'd have something to the effect of 'Chav and proud' on their Bebo/Facebook page if that is credible?

Â