Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

I agree about the new Google image search, it is indeed shit. What was wrong with the old one?

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but it started doing it after I installed Silverlight to look at that massive pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Whichever of Blackpool v. Fulham and Wolves v. Newcastle finishes first will be the connecting game of this Premier League season. At the moment, there are several connected components in the graph of who's played who this season:

* Chelsea, West Brom, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackpool, sha, Arsenal, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Wolves, Stoke, Spurs, and Citeh

* Villa, West Ham, Bolton, Fulham

* Man Utd, Newcastle

Newcastle v. Villa will join the second two components, and the game in the first paragraph will join the remaining two.

I agree about the new Google image search, it is indeed shit. What was wrong with the old one?

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but it started doing it after I installed Silverlight to look at that massive pic.

I agree, pain in the bleedin hoop, the only thing I generally use it for is album artwork and tagging my music, its now slower and far more annoying just to get an album cover copied so it shows on my ipod

Whichever of Blackpool v. Fulham and Wolves v. Newcastle finishes first will be the connecting game of this Premier League season. At the moment, there are several connected components in the graph of who's played who this season:

* Chelsea, West Brom, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackpool, sha, Arsenal, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Wolves, Stoke, Spurs, and Citeh

* Villa, West Ham, Bolton, Fulham

* Man Utd, Newcastle

Newcastle v. Villa will join the second two components, and the game in the first paragraph will join the remaining two.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this means?

You create a minileague based on who you've played this season, who your opponents have played, who your opponents' opponents' have played, etc.

So Chelsea have played West Brom and Wigan, West Brom have played Sunderland, Wigan have played Blackpool, Sunderland have played sha, Blackpool have played Arsenal, sha have played Blackburn, Arsenal have played Liverpool, Blackburn have played Everton, Everton have played Wolves, Wolves have played Stoke, Stake have played Spurs, Spurs have played Citeh. There's thus at least a chance of being able to compare Chelsea and Citeh by comparing results through a chain of clubs.

You can't, however, compare Chelsea and Villa on that basis, because none of those 14 clubs above have played a club that has any connection yet to Villa. Yuh can't get theyah from heah.

My database (since I adapted it from an NFL database I keep) considers gameweeks running Tuesday to Monday... most years there's been a few midweek league games after the first weekend for clubs not in Europe (something to do with the World Cup as to why it's not this year?)

[table]

[row][mcol]Number of games[mcol]Total goals[mcol]Avg

[mrow]2010[col]19[col]61[col]3.21

[mrow]2008[col]20[col]55[col]2.75

[mrow]2009[col]26[col]66[col]2.54

[mrow]2007[col]27[col]67[col]2.48

[mrow]2006[col]27[col]67[col]2.48

[mrow]2005[col]20[col]35[col]1.75

[/table]

That's as far back as my database goes.

Related: there's only been six games out of nineteen that haven't seen three goals scored, so the OVER (considering that the key number in the total goals scored markets is almost always 2.5 (sometimes 2.25 or 2.75 in Asian)) is 13-6 so far.

I'm sure games never used to finish 6-0, i don't know whats happening lately. There seems to have been an abnormally large number of high scoring games over the last couple of seasons.
Singapore spread betting scam, I reckon.

Â