Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

the word aligator comes from the spanish word "el Lagarto" meaning "the lizard"
"Algebra" comes from Arabic al jebr "reunion of broken parts". The word was used in Eng. 15c.-16c. to mean "bone-setting," probably from the Arabs in Spain.

Hugo Boss was commissioned to design the uniforms for the German SS.

Oddly enough,, even go to their site today, and they are featuring a "black" clothing range. Seems German companies can't forget roots.

Probably explains why the Porsche Cayenne handles like a tank.

Hugo Boss was commissioned to design the uniforms for the German SS.

Actually that is really interesting. Not being remotely interested in fashion, I had no idea who the hell Hugo Boss is/was. For all I knew it was just a made-up name.

But as a 20th century history geek, that is a factoid I will mentally file away.

Somebody will now tell me that Tommy Hilfiger was the Luftwaffe's top fighter ace on the Russian front....

Fanta was invented for the Nazi's too. Due to rationing during the war and the lack of Coca Cola ingredients that would have been associated with it.

I would check the internet, but im almost certain that the history of Fanta has been "polished" by those at Coca Cola who see an association with the murder of six million Jews as bad for their image.

The word Arctic comes from the Greek word arktos (άρκτος) , which means bear.

Its a quick way of remembering which of the poles have Polar bears, as the word 'Antartic' obviously means 'without bears'

Fanta was invented for the Nazi's too. Due to rationing during the war and the lack of Coca Cola ingredients that would have been associated with it.

I would check the internet, but im almost certain that the history of Fanta has been "polished" by those at Coca Cola who see an association with the murder of six million Jews as bad for their image.

Especially since in the Middle East, IINM, Coke is viewed as the Jewish cola and Pepsi as the Muslim one (ignoring Mecca Cola)...

Chuck Norris walked into a Burger King and asked for a Big Mac. And he got one.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting or killing. Chuck Norris thinks about hunting, and the bear/deer/lion goes to his house and shoots itself.

I knew about that one. Coke did very nicely out of supplying both the U.S. and German armies with fizzy pop.

10 times more people a year die from travelling by donkey than die from travelling by aeroplane.

In a similar vein, you're more likely to be killed putting your trousers on than in a aeroplane.

10 times more people a year die from travelling by donkey than die from travelling by aeroplane.

In a similar vein, you're more likely to be killed putting your trousers on than in a aeroplane.

I've heard that too, it's facts like these that help me fly! Never really understood why, but I'm not a very good flyer. Nowhere near enough to stop me flying, but i always get quite nervous. Again, don't know why as it's not the sort of thing that usually bothers me, but there you go.

Â