Match Thread: UECL: Villa v Zrinjski Mostar

limpid

4 minutes ago, smg said:

Support from the stands is shit. All mouth beforehand nothing on the night. 

Get yourself down there next time 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is it just because we can’t play without Luiz, Kamara and Watkins?

Yes.

We can afford to make 1-2 changes maximum before the quality severely drop

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'd say we're far worse than most for it though. There's a reason it's been commented on by both our former players and our opponents that VP is a hard place for our players when we don't get going.

We really need a group with some drums, who can hold the beat and start the chants so our atmosphere isn't so dead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I said in the rest of the post, the fans don't give a **** about this game and probably expected a thrashing which has now turned in to a flatness and disappointment and probably eventual anger that it hasn't happened

But the Newcastle comment rings true, they in general have a buzz, an optimism about them that converts in to confidence and effort that we just don't have

They have poorer players playing at a higher level than our better players

No one is taking longstaff over tielemans or dendoncker and yet he plays better than them

I'd take Longstaff over Dendoncker any day of the week. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

This is the sort of game where we seriously miss a Buendia/Coutinho type player. 

Someone who picks up the pockets of space, play 1 & 2 touch passes, moves into space again and keeps it moving forward. 

What we have is Tielemans giving it away every chance he gets, Dendoncker playing it side ways and McGinn taking far too long to pick a pass. 

I hope certain posters are now seeing exactly what Buendia gives to us as a player, we don't have anyone remotely like him. 

Tommi O Reilly is perfect for this 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Rubbish. Ive seen us steamroller teams at VP and it's been like a library. 

Even vs Brighton last Saturday it was pretty quiet. Only time the atmosphere has been really electric when I've been at villa park was 2-0 vs Everton in our first win back in the prem. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Even vs Brighton last Saturday it was pretty quiet. Only time the atmosphere has been really electric when I've been at villa park was 2-0 vs Everton in our first win back in the prem. 

So we are the Prawn Sandwich Brigade then pretty much?

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Players react to what’s happening in the stands it works both ways have a look at some of the European fans during matches

This. The Legia fans were immense and their team grew few inches thanks to that. Never stopped singing, never sat down.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I said in the rest of the post, the fans don't give a **** about this game and probably expected a thrashing which has now turned in to a flatness and disappointment and probably eventual anger that it hasn't happened

But the Newcastle comment rings true, they in general have a buzz, an optimism about them that converts in to confidence and effort that we just don't have

They have poorer players playing at a higher level than our better players

No one is taking longstaff over tielemans or dendoncker and yet he plays better than them

I said in the summer Conference is not going to live up to the hype.

Filled with a bunch of nobodys.

It will start to pick up in the semis if we get there