Weekends Football 29/30 September/1 October

andykeenan

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

God that is appalling refereeing. Neither were a yellow

I think the second one is tbh, silly and late, never getting the ball, and going for that seconds after the previous yellow is an incredibly stupid thing to do

Just now, Davkaus said:

Jota booked for the Spurs player tripping himself up, incredible

Then sent off for another foul immediately afterwards.

the first incident was not a yellow. Should VAR intervene in these circumstances . I know it’s not current set up for this.

tough!

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think the second one is tbh, silly and late, never getting the ball, and going for that seconds after the previous yellow is an incredibly stupid thing to do

Didn't even touch him IMO. Refs need to have some common sense. It's already 11v10 and sending him off for 2 such soft yellows is stupid.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Didn't even touch him IMO. Refs need to have some common sense. It's already 11v10 and sending him off for 2 such soft yellows is stupid.

Jota needs to have some common sense. Just been booked and he goes in for a challenge like that. Not much contact but mainly because the spurs player has jumped over his leg. 

• Like 1

Both yellows, stupid play by Jota, no one to blame but himself.

In the first one he makes contact with the heel and nudges the Spurs players leg which causes him to trip himself - on a yellow to then immediately lunge after a ball that's a long way gone is just dumb.

Liverpool have got real problems with their discipline - and that starts at the top.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Both yellows, stupid play by Jota, no one to blame but himself.

In the first one he makes contact with the heel and nudges the Spurs players leg which causes him to trip himself - on a yellow to then immediately lunge after a ball that's a long way gone is just dumb.

Liverpool have got real problems with their discipline - and that starts at the top.

Agreed. I thought they were two pretty standard yellow cards. Absolute madness to commit those two fouls within a minute or 2 of each other. Got what he deserved. 

• Like 1

The commentary team are doing that thing where they influence everything by not seeing things - there's contact for that first yellow, not a lot, but enough to cause the trip, and it's not accidental, it's deliberate and deliberately slight in the hope he'll get away with it. The yellow was right.

The second yellow is a player losing the ball and not being able to stop himself doing stupid stuff to try to win a battle he'd already lost.

• Like 1

I'm sure the Liverpool staff and fans will take a moment to reflect on the things they've got wrong on the pitch, evaluate and change their behaviours to help them moving forwards.

*I'm not really, I'm really sure they'll have a massive paddy, lead by the manager, burn effigies of the ref and declare that the Premier League are corrupt and its all run by Sir Alex Ferguson, featuring banners, petitions and letters to MPs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm sure the Liverpool staff and fans will take a moment to reflect on the things they've got wrong on the pitch, evaluate and change their behaviours to help them moving forwards.

*I'm not really, I'm really sure they'll have a massive paddy, lead by the manager, burn effigies of the ref and declare that the Premier League are corrupt and its all run by Sir Alex Ferguson, featuring banners, petitions and letters to MPs.

In fairness, it seems like they’ve been absolutely done by the officiating tonight. 

• Like 1

Â