Weekends Football 29/30 September/1 October

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Both yellows, stupid play by Jota, no one to blame but himself.

In the first one he makes contact with the heel and nudges the Spurs players leg which causes him to trip himself - on a yellow to then immediately lunge after a ball that's a long way gone is just dumb.

Liverpool have got real problems with their discipline - and that starts at the top.

I don't see that at all on the first one tbh, can't embed it, but replay here, he's just running along. There's a very very minor coming together, I think it's quite uncharitable to deem that deliberate. The side angle shows the incredibly minor contact better, but I think this angle shows Jota better, there's nothing there other than him running back IMO

• Shocked 1

I usually would say LiVARpool but yeah they’ve been absolutely done today. Even the red, which I think was a red, is subjective and they’ve sent the ref to the screen with a still frame of the contact already 🤣

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The VAR decision was wrong, a really odd one.

Both red cards were spot on.

First challenge by Jota isn’t even a foul - even though the second one is stupid and a booking (so red card “correct” there).

The offside goal seems ridiculous, but I’m guessing it’s a tech fail as per Sheff Utd’s goal against us.

The first red… I mean, it’s just not for me, even though I can see why it’s given.

2 god awful decisions and 1 poor one in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He catches his foot with his left knee, causing him to trip.

The commentary team didn't see that and then tell everyone there's no contact and people immediately buy into it.

I’m staggered you’ve posted this thinking it’s a foul, let alone a yellow.

(Then again, you earlier posted he’d clearly clipped his heel so…)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He catches his foot with his left knee, causing him to trip.

The commentary team didn't see that and then tell everyone there's no contact and people immediately buy into it.

If there is contact it’s accidental. It’s a foul at most. A yellow for it is mad. 

• Like 2

Â