Weekends Football 29/30 September/1 October

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, you're probably right, sorry.

I'm just struggling to understand how people aren't seeing the contact and the only thing I can come up with is outside influence.

If there's contact (and there is), it's a foul, if it's a foul, it's a booking (and it is).

I was being a bit arsey as well, so apologies back at you :)

There is contact, I think where we differ is I don't think it's fair to say Jota initiates that contact, they're just running close to one another. You initially said you felt it's deliberate and if it were a cynical trip, no matter how minor, I'd agree with you, but I think it's just an unfortunate 50/50 coming together as two players move about the pitch

If it were contact trying to win the ball and he made some contact and didn't get the ball it's a foul of course, but he's just running minding his own business

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Guess not now spuds above us, but that such a false position for them. They been far the luckiest team in the league this season

True but could do with their bubble bursting. They're more likely to be our contenders for a European spot than Liverpool.

Just now, imavillan said:

Spurs celebrating like they've won a cup!!!!

They've beat 9 me with a flukey OG in the last minute.

Good grief........tin pot club, tin pot fans

Come on mate :D I don't care how poor we play, who we're against, or how expected the win should be, if we score a last second winner I'm going to lose the plot

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

Come on mate :D I don't care how poor we play, who we're against, or how expected the win should be, if we score a last second winner I'm going to lose the plot

Against a team you’re directly competing with for a CL spot too.

Aye, we’d all be dead solemn :D 

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Donkey defending by Matip, what was he thinking

Why did Liverpool take the free quick so quickly? A minute left so surely it's dithering over it for 30 seconds and then knocking it up towards halfway line.

Considering they'd managed the game so brilliantly it seemed an odd move that late and gave Spurs space to quickly get to the penalty area.

Can see Liverpool giving Man. City a good challenge this season. There was a malaise about them last year but spirit is back and they have so much quality in final third that will win them most games at Anfield and plenty away aswell.

Just now, Davkaus said:

There is contact, I think where we differ is I don't think it's fair to say Jota initiates that contact, they're just running close to one another. You initially said you felt it's deliberate and if it were a cynical trip, no matter how minor, I'd agree with you, but I think it's just an unfortunate 50/50 coming together as two players move about the pitch

If it were contact trying to win the ball and he made some contact and didn't get the ball it's a foul of course, but he's just running minding his own business

It's not a deliberate, cynical trip, that's true - having seen it a few times I'd say that's definitely not the case.

But he does make contact and when a player has the ball, even if you're running minding your own business, if you cause him to trip it's a foul. He does cause the player to trip and I think in the area they're in on the pitch and the phase of play, a trip there causes a booking 99 times out of 100.

Just now, Davkaus said:

i get the fans and yes i'd be the same but well ott from the players

Just now, VillaChris said:

Why did Liverpool take the free quick so quickly? A minute left so surely it's dithering over it for 30 seconds and then knocking it up towards halfway line.

Considering they'd managed the game so brilliantly it seemed an odd move that late and gave Spurs space to quickly get to the penalty area.

Can see Liverpool giving Man. City a good challenge this season. There was a malaise about them last year but spirit is back and they have so much quality in final third that will win them most games at Anfield and plenty away aswell.

Around 95 Gravenberch had the ball in the corner too and tried dribbling towards goal.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Hmm not sure it's the best result for us tbh

It's early days. Spurs were 2nd or 3rd this time last year under Conte. When you're bringing on Skipp, Hoijberg, Davies, Soloman and Veliz at 1-1 v 9 men that suggests they haven't got endless squad depth unless they've got similar amount of injuries we have but don't think they do.

They'll drop points to likes of Brighton and West Ham as season goes on.

• Like 1

If anything, the two red cards are probably going to act as cover for the big decision in the game - VAR, with time, technology and replays, deciding that Diaz was offside in complete opposition to the evidence that everyone could see in front of them. Questions need to be answered on that one.

Â