Weekends Football 29/30 September/1 October

andykeenan

Just now, bobzy said:

I’m staggered you’ve posted this thinking it’s a foul, let alone a yellow.

(Then again, you earlier posted he’d clearly clipped his heel so…)

It's a foul.

On the three second mark, just as it approaches the edge of the screen, you see the contact of the knee on the foot - that contact causes the Spurs player's foot to divert from it's path and trips him.

If you make contact and cause a player to trip when he's running at your defence and you're behind him, that'll always be a booking.

I hate how influenced people end up being by commentary teams.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's pretty patronising to seem to keep insisting that the only reason people disagree with you is because we're so ill informed and easily lead by commentators.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's a foul.

On the three second mark, just as it approaches the edge of the screen, you see the contact of the knee on the foot - that contact causes the Spurs player's foot to divert from it's path and trips him.

If you make contact and cause a player to trip when he's running at your defence and you're behind him, that'll always be a booking.

Yeah, Udogie’s knee lifts into Jota’s foot. It’s just not a foul.

I’m not influenced by a commentary team; I’ve seen the incident on Twitter :D. I hate how people are influenced by the side they dislike, though. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's pretty patronising to seem to keep insisting that the only reason people disagree with you is because we're so ill informed and easily lead by commentators.

Yeah, you're probably right, sorry.

I'm just struggling to understand how people aren't seeing the contact and the only thing I can come up with is outside influence.

If there's contact (and there is), it's a foul, if it's a foul, it's a booking (and it is).

Â