Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

By the way, I'm quite certain nobody on here particularly cares what Brand's political views are or if he even believes what he says, but it's telling that the people who are supporting him on Twatter this weekend are on the political Right. They support him because they view him as one of their own, and when it comes to their own, they'll excuse every bad deed imaginable, while holding their perceived political enemies to a much higher standard. Just look at Trump's cult members.

It's scary actually how much the Twitter algorithm is promoting the alt-right conspiracy theory take on the Brand story. Elon Musk is a piece of shit

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I've seen this as well, they are saying that there are dates missing off the messages (I might be wrong but if you reply to a message shortly after it was sent then the date doesn't appear as it will be the same as the previous message)

They are also saying that the font is bolder on the second half of a message and that it is misaligned.

Could be some shithousery going on or it could have just been the way the messages were stitched together for the purpose of the program.

Put it this way, if it is shithousery and they have been doctored or faked then they'll be opening themselves up to a lawsuit that will cost them millions, would they be stupid enough to put a 4 year investigation in jeopardy for the sake on one text message?

You’re probably right leemond, surely if it was fake you’d be making sure everything looks as normal as possible 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You’re probably right leemond, surely if it was fake you’d be making sure everything looks as normal as possible 

IMO, there is not a **** chance in the World that texts have been doctored in this instance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

As expected, The Times are reporting a number of fresh allegations have been made against Brand since the show went out on Saturday.

No surprise at all

I wonder if this will encourage more women to come forward and name other celebrities because I am sure that there is more than a few

9 hours ago, El Segundo said:

Well quite simply because it's aimed personally at me, rather than what I'm arguing.

Again you are misconstruing what I have said.  Again I'll try to explain even clearer. I am comparing the investigation into Brand to 1984.  I am saying that the tendency for some to conclude that a person must be guilty based on accusations alone rather than actual proof is not too far removed  to some unsavoury elements of 1984.        

That is not 1984, that is just basic human behaviour. Our biases and predujices create 99% of our decisions. I will freely admit that I cannot stand the man and could not way before accusations arose. I'm a bloke, and he gives me the creeps, heaven knows how women feel around him. This is based on my gut instinct, not any evidence or text supplied by others. Through my experience in life, I believe at best he is a malignant narcissist, probably with sociopathic tendancies. These people lie and decieve like regular people breathe.

No fancy talk from expensive lawyers will ever convince me otherwise. I trust my gut more than the legal system.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Literally on this same page you said:

Do you understand what Orwellian usually means?

And no, I'm not trying to wind you up, btw, I'm all ears, but I don't think what he was saying took your words out of context ... maybe your intended meaning wasn't what was conveyed, but it reads as if you're saying people are going after Brand in a 1984 (i.e. Orwellian) way.

Ok that's a typo where I missed out the word "not" - which I think is reasonably clear from the context of the whole paragraph..

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

But that makes no sense because Russell Brand is a political irrelevance. If these accusations were being levelled at some kind of upstart political candidate who was genuinely threatening to upturn the political order, then okay, maybe it would be worth thinking about why the "establishment" might be going after them suddenly.

This is Russell Brand, though. There's no social control consequence of getting Russell Brand cancelled. It's literally just a famous person being accused of doing various things. It means very little in the grand scheme of things, besides him being a nasty piece of work. There's no obvious conspiracy, nobody benefits.

I think you have based this response on the missing "not".  My fault, it was late and I was tired.  I don't think there's an establishment conspiracy against Brand.  The reference to 1984 was the "conviction by accusation" analogy.    

Edited by El Segundo

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

By the way, I'm quite certain nobody on here particularly cares what Brand's political views are or if he even believes what he says, but it's telling that the people who are supporting him on Twatter this weekend are on the political Right. They support him because they view him as one of their own, and when it comes to their own, they'll excuse every bad deed imaginable, while holding their perceived political enemies to a much higher standard. Just look at Trump's cult members.

If no-one cares why did you bring it into the conversation and then keep on bringing it up? 

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

this is where it’s obvious to me that you’re not posting in good faith. 

the ‘worst they could come up with’ in 4 years is not ‘he hung around in his pants’

it’s ‘he shoved his dick down my throat so far I choked’ (which was also the 16 year old) and that a woman went to a rape treatment centre after an encounter where he texts him saying ‘no means no’ and he apologises. 

Selective quoting - I said "some of the worst", not "the worst".  The worst is obviously the rape claim with evidence.  The rest are not backed by evidence, they are claims and accusations.  If true, some of them are despicable and should be punished.  The choking claim is serious if true but would be so regardless of the age of the alleged victim because it's non-consensual.  I just think including "going out with a 16 year old" and "hanging around in your pants" in the list of Brand's alleged wrongdoings smacks of padding out the list to try and make a more convincing case.     

46 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

If no-one cares why did you bring it into the conversation and then keep on bringing it up? 

Initially I mentioned the politics of who is supporting him despite the damning evidence, but said nothing about his own politics. Make of that what you will. And maybe ask yourself why those people are enthusiastically supporting him.

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

No surprise at all

I wonder if this will encourage more women to come forward and name other celebrities because I am sure that there is more than a few

I bet there are loads, sadly. Not necessarily rape but varying degrees of sexual abuse. 

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

You've put Jordan Peterson there at the back. You clearly haven't done your "research"!

Probably one for a different thread but I'd be interested to know what it is about Jordan Peterson that makes you think he belongs in that group.

7 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Probably one for a different thread but I'd be interested to know what it is about Jordan Peterson that makes you think he belongs in that group.

I’d never come across the name before. On a quick google it appears to be because he’s a scumbag that has flung around Nazi jibes and deadname’s trans gender people. 

So it looks to me like, yeah, he has a place in the cavalcade.

• Like 2

Â