Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I know his stats are very very good but if we want to move to next level we need a proper striker up top, not a converted winger. He's not nasty enough or bullying enough for me. 

Wouldn't say his stats are very very good tbh. His goals per minute is pretty average.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Emery is going to have to calm everyone down a bit and try to get the confidence back up ahead of second half.

losing every 50/50, bullied off the ball like children, falling over during almost every attack, utterly clueless defensively, the guy isn't Gandalf!

7 minutes ago, Callum said:

Liverpool are controlling this with ease. Tempo from us needs to change against dominant teams, we cannot continue playing in slow motion. That only works when we’re are in control. Also I’ve seen enough of Pau already, honestly. 

Yep we let teams shift over and cover the other side by playing so slow. 

Lenglet on at HT.....the problems start at CB, lets get someone on who has prem experience, has played liverpool before and can start moves from the back, similar to mings....a simple move but onw which we desperately need.....yes it might hurt pau torres feelings/ego but if we want to try and get back into the game thats a must

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They, and we, look thoroughly beaten already. Depressing tbh, still another half of football to come, they'd want to man the **** up.

Emery needs to give them a Fergusonlike hair dryer in the break.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

losing every 50/50, bullied off the ball like children, falling over during almost every attack, utterly clueless defensively, the guy isn't Gandalf!

all that sounds pretty fixable. don't need to be Gandalf to get that ship sailing.