Weekends Football 1/3 September

andykeenan

Annoyed that Saudicastle's only points this season have come off us! When the going gets tough for them, they sulk and collapse.

Meanwhile, Brighton are good enough to win the Europa League.

Some of the players who have left them over recent years might just end up regretting it.

Edited by maqroll

Newcastle’s first 4 fixtures are a nightmare way to start the season and you could even say three point from those 4 matches is a reasonable return.

However I think the late capitulation last week and the psychological blow of losing three in a row will knock the wind out of their sails.

Hopefully they take a while to recover. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well there has been some crazy results but ultimately City are going to walk the league for the fourth year in a row.  Then there is the rest of teams fighting for the European spots and the rest trying not to get relegated.

It’s Alex Ferguson’s Man U all over again. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

No club in England has ever won the league 4 years on the spot. Utter dominance by a sportswashing project.

I have said it before. They are like a Boa Constrictor. Squeeze the life out of a game.its not fun to watch really.  De Zerbi and Ange are now the most exciting managers. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s Alex Ferguson’s Man U all over again. 

Were they that much better than the others? You might be right but I don’t really remember them pissing it like City have done / will keep doing.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You wouldn't know chap if the Prem or FA don't. 

That's a 2 way street

And I tend to lean towards what we do know rather than what we don't

Boehly is worth around $5bn, he owns 40% of the consortium that owns Chelsea, he's the face of that consortium and is responsible for the day to day running of the club, the people who officially own the other 60% are both on the board and are worth another $8bn combined, Chelsea have a turnover of circa £480m per year

All this spending leads to the suggestion that it must be the saudis... I think there's every danger Chelsea are just an incredibly rich club owned by rich people spending every penny that they're allowed to spend, helped along the way with the contract lengths and the staggering of transfer payments

There is no evidence that the saudis directly put money in to chelsea - there is definitley no evidence that the saudis have anything to do with the running of the club or their transfer policy

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I have said it before. They are like a Boa Constrictor. Squeeze the life out of a game.its not fun to watch really.  De Zerbi and Ange are now the most exciting managers. 

And that is without de bruyne. Basically, the league is waiting for Pep to get bored of the project and let someone else have a go.

Â