Weekends Football 1/3 September

andykeenan

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think pre euros pickford was injured and pope got 2 games, Southgate said something about his kicking and distribution not being as good as pickfords

He's right, it's a weird metric to pick a keeper on but he's still right

Yeah I've actually got no problem with Pickford being no.1 because he generally does well for England and is probably the best English GK with his feet too. But I don't think Johnstone is particularly good with his feet. I also think Ramsdale is a bit overrated too. Overall I would say Pope easily deserves to be 1 of the 3.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll never be fact, causebits not allowed. But there's not many who can fund a football club to 3 billion including 1 billion in transfers. Certainly not Boley and his crew.

Its not a fact because they don't...

Clearlake own 60% of Chelsea, the PIF invest in clearlake and use clearlake to manage their assets, so there's a link there but theres no evidence the PIF fund Chelsea let alone run it

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Commentator on Brighton v Toon: “ it’s a lovely football match. Such a joy. A lovely lovely football match!!!”

I don’t know. It’s not that great. It’s been a bit leaden for the last ten minutes. 

Newcastle and Brighton are the media darlings though. Brighton deserve the tag to an extent, Newcastle of course don't but that won't stop the media spaffing over them like they did with Bielsa's Leeds.

• Like 1

Â