January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

At this point it's irrelevant. 

For God's sake he thinks Douglas Luiz is s**t, that's the level of madness we're talking about. 

spacer.png

THIS IS EVERTON FC!

THIS

IS

DYCHEBALL!!!!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

John Stones was playing ahead of him in defensive midfield

Considering City only have Rodri as a DM I am curious who the other is

I'd actually rather sign John Stones than Kalvin Phillips for DM.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd actually rather sign John Stones than Kalvin Phillips for DM.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd rather re-sign Steve Stone than sign Kalvin Phillips. Bet he'd be much cheaper and less injured.

who wouldnt want the Yorkshire Pirlo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

City played Stones and Lewis in midfield against us (when we completely dominated and outplayed them) with Philips, Kovacic and Nunes on the bench…

Philips is an overpaid clogger who just breaks up play, fitness issues, injury troubles, on huge/unwarranted wages, stupidly overpriced…

City waste money and can afford to do it and get away with it… despite the ridiculous amounts of breaches and broken rules…

Pep just recently came out and “apologised”… he doesn’t have a place for him in the team, doesn’t suit them or their style.

Pep makes plenty of mistakes and is the pure definition of a chequebook manager… just look at his expenditure on defenders alone since he went there…

Heard it all now. Pep a chequebook manager. 😂. I suppose Ferguson was too. 😂

The level of delusion on here is something else. 😂

Love it.

Edited by striker
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Heard it all now. Pep a chequebook manager. 😂. I suppose Ferguson was too. 😂

The level of delusion on here is something else. 😂

Love it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Pep a chequebook manager???

So give Dean Smith an open cheque book and he could manage and coach Man City like Pep has.

I have reservations of the oil clubs like many, but to say Pep is not a world class coach/manager, if not the best in the world is close to disillusional.

28 minutes ago, striker said:

Obviously not but you did.

yet you said Fernandinho kept clogger Phillips out of the City team when never played together

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Pep a chequebook manager???

So give Dean Smith an open cheque book and he could manage and coach Man City like Pep has.

I have reservations of the oil clubs like many, but to say Pep is not a world class coach/manager, if not the best in the world is close to disillusional.

It’s possible to be a top coach and a chequebook manager… just look at the expenditure…

I never stated he was a bad manager…

anyway, this is all besides the point. Philips would be a stupid transfer target and they were stupid to pay what they did for him and the wages he gets… no one is faultless, not even Pep…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

It’s possible to be a top coach and a chequebook manager… just look at the expenditure…

I never stated he was a bad manager…

Fergie was a checkbook manager, Ancelotti is. Aren't they all? Especially the modern ones. 

If the only stick that we have to beat Pep with is that he spent s**t tonnes of money, he's hardly alone. 

He's the best coach in the world. Surely that's not debatable given his ludicrous record. 

• Like 1

Yeah, City are as scummy as the rest and Pep has been fortunate but we've seen tons of other managers fail at other clubs.

He's been in a resounding success for 16 years with a 72% win record and a 2.3-2.4 PPG.

That kind of success and duration is permanent.

And if Pep thinks Phillips is completely unplayable, then yeah - I'm going to have to also agree.

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Fergie was a checkbook manager, Ancelotti is. Aren't they all? Especially the modern ones. 

If the only stick that we have to beat Pep with is that he spent s**t tonnes of money, he's hardly alone. 

He's the best coach in the world. Surely that's not debatable given his ludicrous record. 

Let’s see him coach in league 2 see how good he is.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Your ceiling is always capped by the players. It's an entertaining exercise, thinking that a coach can't do it in League 2, but Pep would probably get the maximum of his team from there.

Ancelotti is another good manager but he couldn't save a dire Everton team either.

Edited by DJBOB

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You must be referring to the time he coached in the Tercera division of the Spanish system (4th tier, equivalent to league 2)...

...and won the playoffs....

...And was so good he got offered the Barcelona managers job?

Edited by Steero113