January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Absolutely no thank you - Why would we want a petulant overhyped inconsistent footballer.

I want Bert to get more minutes than sign Zaha - Bert can do things, Zaha could only dream of. Yes Bert is also inconsistent, so what’s the point in trading places 

• Like 1

Ok… let’s look at it a different way…

Zaha was offered and refused 200k pw to stay at Palace… must be on a decent wedge (though nowhere near as much as that, he wanted a “new challenge” or experience too)

I would also perceive the move to Galatasaray as a kind of “winding down”… despite them having qualified for and playing in CL and wonder why he wasn’t pursued (more strongly?) by PL clubs or those around us now… didn’t seem like there was a clamour for him from strong or ambitious clubs… only other names I saw were Saudi clubs and possibly Lazio…

Galatasaray finished 3rd in their group and now go into Europa League(?)… still playing in Europe… they’ve only just signed him this summer and he would have been perceived as a key player for them… 

He’s had plenty of injury troubles too… in the last couple seasons at least…

What is the appeal and why would they sell him so soon and what would their demands be??? And how would it be worth it?

A loan is even less likely!!

Unless he’s been crap for them, they want to get rid and he would therefore be useless to us…

a player on the way down… the kind we simply do not need… plus, he’s been criticised for having a selfish style of play amongst other things… and he probably wouldn’t want to come back to PL and to us anyway… but we likely don’t even want him 😂 

Such a spurious link has gained so much traction here…

Seems like a Coutinho-sort of signing, past his best… can’t believe people still want that sort of thing…

Aren’t we “above” targets like that with where we are and the progression we have made?

Do people really want us to go down that sort of route again?

I’m surprised but… each to their own..

If the clubs around us and those we’re currently competing with wouldn’t want him… why should we? Aren’t we as good and ambitious as some of them?

-

Anyway… I would put this down as unlikely and fabricated…

Oh, I forgot to put

IMO

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seems like a Coutinho-sort of signing, past his best… can’t believe people still want that sort of thing…

Definitely not. Coutinho was finished even before he came. His form went down for years. He also isn’t physical enough for PL anymore. I wasn’t impressed when we bought him (I was ok with the loan though). 
Knew we were going to get stuck with his wages. 
For Zaha though, we shall look at loaning, even with more loss for a loan it’s better not to have him permanently. We have a very important second season. 
We can revaluate next summer, but for now expensive loans could be perfect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Definitely not. Coutinho was finished even before he came. His form went down for years. He also isn’t physical enough for PL anymore. I wasn’t impressed when we bought him (I was ok with the loan though). 
Knew we were going to get stuck with his wages. 
For Zaha though, we shall look at loaning, even with more loss for a loan it’s better not to have him permanently. We have a very important second season. 
We can revaluate next summer, but for now expensive loans could be perfect.

Why would Galatasaray send their “big summer signing” on loan to us now?

It’s like trying to sign a player who has just signed a new contract… why would that club so quickly send that player out unless he has been a failure? And/or major financial burden?

Anyway, I’ve given this more time than I intended and it deserved 😆

It’s BS

Surely it's just lazy usual Turkish media and Gold ridge talk, mainly as the Don wanted to sign him at Arsenal but Edu and co decided Nicolas Pepe was the better option.

I'm unsure on Zaha, don't think he can settle anywhere outside London. Fergie soon got rid, and the Turkish media stirring suggests to me that he's not settle there either.

Edited by stewiek2

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Zaha being a rotation option for JJ and Ollie would be very good business indeed. 

There is zero way Zaha would be happy being backup.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why would Galatasaray send their “big summer signing” on loan to us now?

Maybe he’s like many footballers that struggle to live in such a different culture/country.  We know players from hot countries who struggle to settle in England, likewise Henderson is struggling to settle in the Saudi league.  Maybe Zaha is struggling to settle in Turkey and wants out.  Clubs generally cave to that kind of issue. Who knows but that could be the reason….just speculating, don’t shoot me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Surely it's just lazy usual Turkish media and Gold ridge talk, mainly as the Don wanted to sign him at Arsenal but Edu and co decided Partey was the better option.

I'm unsure on Zaha, don't think he can settle anywhere outside London. Fergie soon got rid, and the Turkish media stirring suggests to me that he's not settle there either.

That’s all it is…

as for Emery’s interest, that was while he was at Arsenal and Zaha Palace, back in 2019…

It’s 2024 now

And since then, his career trajectory has been….. Palace…… to Galatasaray.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Maybe he’s like many footballers that struggle to live in such a different culture/country.  We know players from hot countries who struggle to settle in England, likewise Henderson is struggling to settle in the Saudi league.  Maybe Zaha is struggling to settle in Turkey and wants out.  Clubs generally cave to that kind of issue. Who knows but that could be the reason….just speculating, don’t shoot me.

I’m not gonna shoot you (down) mate 😂

we should all be free to have different opinions without getting grief for it…

If you want him, I can respect that - for you…. I don’t… and I hope that view would also be respected…

Regarding settling… I don’t think that’s the case, he’s spoken positively about his time there

But who really knows? We will see..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

There is zero way Zaha would be happy being backup.

He's currently playing in Turkey. Given JJ's form, it's also not beyond the realm of possibility that he can make the spot his own. Also a good chance he'll win a European trophy this season.

• Like 1

If we’re serious about Top 4, left wing and centre forward are areas which we could do with strengthening.

If we sign someone, they need to be affordable and hit the  ground running. 

Who on earth can we think fits that remit any better? 

This signing would get my full support. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Absolutely amazed at some of the posts on here stating no to the possibility of signing Zaha.😂

Can create something from nothing on his own which Villa’s current wide men lack on a consistent basis.

Probably nothing in the link if you can call it that but a fit Zaha would definitely improve the team, put the shits up any opposition and could push Villa into a CL placement which would pay for his transfer!

He was available on a free in July, why did no other PL team snap him up if he’s so good?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was available on a free in July, why did no other PL team snap him up if he’s so good?

Apparently he wanted that fresh interesting challenge, playing in the champions league too. He probably gets paid way less than what premier league teams could offer.

Grass isn’t always greener though.

• Like 1