January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

3 hours ago, sne said:

We are interested in 23 y.o Juventus full-back Andrea Cambiaso according to Italian sites. One of those who's good with both feet and can play on either flank but according to Transfermarkt he's mostly played on the left or in midfield.

Primarily a left back and getting a lot of game time at Juventus - would be an odd one. 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We need someone that we can use to rotate Luiz and Kamara in Cup Games and who can come on for the last 30 minutes when one of them is flagging. 

Who is going to be happy with this lack of game time other than likes of players we already have like Donk 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who is going to be happy with this lack of game time other than likes of players we already have like Donk 

You don't sign them to play that few minutes, you sign them to start most of the cup games so ideally like 12-20 a year and then 5-10 league games. Plus they'd come on in pretty much every game to give Luiz and Kamara rest. 

The goal isn't to have someone just replace Dendonckers minutes but someone we can trust to play real minutes the way we do with Bailey/Buendia/Diaby on the wings

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Totally diagree with Kamara, Luiz  and Donk we are pretty stacked in that area, how many teams have three top tier internationals to cover a position?

What is this?

Kamara is a DCM, Donk is a DCM that is no where near as good which is what the problem is.
Luiz IS NOT a DCM, he is an 8 who is defensively sound, his back up is Telemans 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You can’t always have someone looking to take a starting place at every position.

You need someone that can come in and do a job, not make mistakes and start 10-15 games and play about 25-30 in all comps overall. 

They’re not elite but they don’t let you down and can be flexible in their positioning. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Unai called up his old pal Parejo despite his age or another experienced player who’s okay with a decent pay day but is a professional who will be committed in a more limited role. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll ask again how is it good business to wait for players to go on long contracts, 3 mentioned today, and pay big money if Monchi is master of deals. Makes zero sense

Yeah that's why we passed on Bellingham 

Having watched a decent amount of them in the UCL, you could probably take a lot of the Real Sociedad team and plant them right at Villa and they wouldn't look out of place at all. They play very similarly.

Zubimendi has been linked a lot to United but would be a great rotation option in the double pivot. But at 24, I don't know if he will be satisfied in being a rotation option. Takefuso Kubo in any of the wide roles or in the second striker role. Great dribbler and carrier of the ball.

image.png.633e3edfd92daa7b2b3b81d10fc52717.png

image.png.cd9d7edbcfa1239bcee54101715ae9cb.png

Kubo probably not one for January. Looking through their transfermarkt values, I don't think any of them can get done in January given their valuations are all between 40-50m.

Impressive squad they have.

12 hours ago, DJBOB said:

You can’t always have someone looking to take a starting place at every position.

You need someone that can come in and do a job, not make mistakes and start 10-15 games and play about 25-30 in all comps overall. 

They’re not elite but they don’t let you down and can be flexible in their positioning. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Unai called up his old pal Parejo despite his age or another experienced player who’s okay with a decent pay day but is a professional who will be committed in a more limited role. 

For the right price I’d still happily take Kalvin Phillips. Could be solid in that role for 4-5 years. 

• Like 1