Group F: PSG, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle

Group G: Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys

Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Royal Antwerp

Edited by andykeenan
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd be chuffed if I was a geordie. What a group! Thats what the ECL is about 

That's where I'm at too

Also think for all the reputation none of the teams (Newcastle included) are actually as good as they're made out to be

The danger with the whole taking the piss and group of death stuff is Newcastle could get out of it... Dortmund will finish bottom

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd be chuffed if I was a geordie. What a group! Thats what the ECL is about 

I wouldn't. You want the best chance of getting to the knockout stages. Going to be very tough for them now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I wouldn't. You want the best chance of getting to the knockout stages. Going to be very tough for them now.

I'd want the big teams under the lights. Better than a dull as shite group that Man City have got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

But why... They're not going to win it, so you'd want to get out of the group so you can have a big game vs a big European team such as psg, Milan or dortmund...

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'd want the big teams under the lights. Better than a dull as shite group that Man City have got.

This is bang on

The whole point of thay competition at Newcastles level or our level is just one of those big famous European nights, like us vs ajax in my lifetime being pretty much the only one, Newcastle have potentially got 3 coming up, that's more important that a piss easy group and then losing to PSG in the 2nd round

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The whole point of thay competition at Newcastles level or our level is just one of those big famous European nights, like us vs ajax in my lifetime being pretty much the only one, Newcastle have potentially got 3 coming up, that's more important that a piss easy group and then losing to PSG in the 2nd round

Inter and Atletico are still two of my favourite memories of games under the lights at VP. Atmosphere was electric in both. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But why... They're not going to win it, so you'd want to get out of the group so you can have a big game vs a big European team such as psg, Milan or dortmund...

This is bang on

It's a bit negative to think like that though. An Premier League side are always in with a chance of winning it imo. But yes you right exciting games with a chance of qualifying too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its sad we’ve never played CL football. Whats this, Barcodes 3rd campaign? 

Its not sad that we've won three European Trophies (European Cup, European Super Cup & UEFA Conference League) and they've won F all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Its not sad that we've won three European Trophies (European Cup, European Super Cup & UEFA Conference League) and they've won F all. 

We won the mighty Intertoto Cup too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1