Clément Lenglet

Tom13

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's cover for mings and mings is still injured

From a Villa perspective nothing has changed so I don't see why we'd want to do anything 

Agree that for what he is we won't get better 

As much as it would be wise to keep him around - I think he’s been excellent when selected - I would assume any loan agreement can be terminated by parent club, if a sale can be agreed with another club.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 07:35, villa4europe said:

He's cover for mings and mings is still injured

From a Villa perspective nothing has changed so I don't see why we'd want to do anything 

Agree that for what he is we won't get better 

Exactly, just refuse to let him go back. He's leagues better than any other LCB cover we can get in Jan. So he stays  

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's great for morale

To be fair I'd be surprised if he came to us under any different kind of pretence to the situation he's actually found himself in, I know footballers have that degree of over confidence but I'd say this noise is more from barca than the player himself, he's got the role we all kind of knew he would have 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

has he been injured? Is he fit now? Odd he didn't play in the EC - someone def said he was injured

Emery didn't mention him today, so with Pau out tomorrow, you'd expect him to feature unless he's off. 

On 19/12/2023 at 18:54, CVByrne said:

Exactly, just refuse to let him go back. He's leagues better than any other LCB cover we can get in Jan. So he stays  

You can't just let somebody refuse to go back. Recalls are common and breaks can be agreed by club and player

• Like 1

Â