Clément Lenglet

Tom13

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

75 % of the wages is nuts. He's not even gonna play very much.

Think of it like this 2 mil loan fee and 100k a week. We are paying a 5 mil loan fee for zaniolo for instance. 

And even then that's including the deferred payments barca owe him. His wages are probably more like 150-180k without them. 

Barcelona signed him for a reason, because the way they play & being a good defender, I'm taking into account his over 160 appearances for Barcelona not his 12 month loan spell at spurs (basket case of a club last season) don't care what he is on & we're a centre back being injured for us to be in abit of a crises specially if we're playing 3 at the back, I fully expect him to keep his place in a back 3 once he gets his chance, either way I see this as exceptional cover for what we have.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Barcelona signed him for a reason, because the way they play & being a good defender, I'm taking into account his over 160 appearances for Barcelona not his 12 month loan spell at spurs (basket case of a club last season) don't care what he is on & we're a centre back being injured for us to be in abit of a crises specially if we're playing 3 at the back, I fully expect him to keep his place in a back 3 once he gets his chance, either way I see this as exceptional cover for what we have.

Barcelona signed Coutinho for a reason too. I don't think the fact that Barcelona signed someone 5 years ago has any relevance to their current usefulness for Villa.

I think it's a bit convenient to just wave away the fact that he was poor last season. Conte is a nutter but he's also a good manager and can organise a solid team. Lenglet might have looked good a couple years ago but the evidence of his abilities to handle the Prem are not promising and now he looks like he's happy to be a bit-part rotation option for a Conference League club. 

Lenglet started 24 games in the Prem last season and kept 4 clean sheets. 

In the 12 games he didn't play in, they kept 6 clean sheets, including against Man City, Brighton and Fulham. 

I will be nervous for his debut and hope he puts in a decent performance, which is a shame as I was buzzing to see all our other signings and I'm still excited to see Duran start and Moreno come back from injury.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Barcelona signed Coutinho for a reason too. I don't think the fact that Barcelona signed someone 5 years ago has any relevance to their current usefulness for Villa.

Was saying people were judging him from his time at Spurs .... I wouldn't I'd be judging him on his time at Barcelona, he will be more than decent for us.

I think this is a good signing, looks a good technical defender, good in the air, and good on the ball with nice distribution skills. Think he'll fit in to Emery's structure and style of playing well.

I don't think of myself as an amateur villa accountant that knows the club's finances better than the club, so couldn't comment on his supposed wages.

Â