Clément Lenglet

Tom13

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its been a very productive window for us with both in’s and out’s. Monchi has been impressive in getting these deals done with little fuss in his opening act at the club. Lenglet it continue 

Bravo, sir!!👏

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why would that bother you?

1) if he plays a fair amount, less concerned

2) if he plays very little then £7m off our FFP headroom for the next three seasons seems a poor choice

3) Huge money for any back up player if he is that at a club outside of CL

4) For that kind of wages you think it’s intended he’d get a lot of game time which I’m hoping he’s a lot better than the Spurs version we saw

5) If a back up player then maybe unsettling for key players us bringing in high wages back up player when the likes of Konsa whose starting is getting ~£72k per week.

6) was hoping with Monchi, I was hoping we weren’t going to have overpaid back up players

There are a few other reasons but you get the point…not against getting him but it’s a strange deal for us imo especially considering the cost.

• Like 1

The last left footed CB that came on loan without an option to buy did ok! Seriously though, as with Mings back in 2019, the circumstances of the deal don’t really reflect on the player, that’s more systemic of the club he’s at, only time will tell if he performs for us. 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

2) if he plays very little then £7m off our FFP headroom for the next three seasons seems a poor choice

4) For that kind of wages you think it’s intended he’d get a lot of game time which I’m hoping he’s a lot better than the Spurs version we saw

5) If a back up player then maybe unsettling for key players us bringing in high wages back up player when the likes of Konsa whose starting is getting ~£72k per week.

6) was hoping with Monchi, I was hoping we weren’t going to have overpaid back up players

There are a few other reasons but you get the point…not against getting him but it’s a strange deal for us imo especially considering the cost.

The cost will probably not as high as quoted in the media, as they have a tendancy to over exaggerate for headline effect. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Without knowing either way I would happily guess that neither the £200k or the 75% are correct

Most salary report sites lower end is €12m per year so I was being conservative.  Yes we can’t rely on them.  It was also reported that Spurs didn’t pay his full salary last year and their wages to him totted up to £7m.  Many of the reports today suggest we are paying 75%.  He agreed this main contract with Barca when they were freely giving out contracts.  So I bet I’m not far off.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The cost will probably not as high as quoted in the media, as they have a tendancy to over exaggerate for headline effect. 

Yeah maybe.  Anyway the club know what they are doing so I’ll leave it be.

• Like 1

Hmm i wonder if the reports of his salary were before he and De Jong etc extended their contracts with them during the covid period. That’s around the time Barca were asking their players to take pay cuts or they would offload them I’m sure? His contract could be significantly less IF he had a pay cut.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thats pre Emery thinking i reckon. He doesnt want any drop off in quality in positions. Its a new world we are living in now. No-one is getting unsettled at our club. The simple facts compared to say 10 years ago are that whether you are earning 70k 100k or 200k a week it makes little difference . You can literally buy anything you want.  The cost of say 8 million euros in order to not have an asset next season sitting on our wagebill when Ty returns is well worth it. He has played 50 european games in his career. Perfect back up/ rotation for Pau with quality and no long term outlay. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He is a loan.

If they were serious about this guy they would have bought him in the summer.

He is clearly a backup signing.

“He doesn’t improve the team”

”he’s a backup signing”

Which one? 😂

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No-one is getting unsettled at our club. The simple facts compared to say 10 years ago are that whether you are earning 70k 100k or 200k a week it makes little difference

I won’t disagree with most of your comment but the section above is way off. If you don’t think this is a factor then I don’t think you are living in reality.  Money is one of the key factors both yours and what others are getting around you, and bizarrely at this level even more so.

10 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Done deal according to Sky Sports news......any of our avaiation correspondents tracking the plane yet lol...

image.thumb.png.07a4532367ac1bd0962028751d4cfd35.png

No flights from BCN (main airport) but this little nugget from GIR which is only 35 miles from the city and the more likely airport of choice for private operators....

• Like 2

Â