Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

How the **** Petrov is favourite in this poll to be dropped God only knows. On today's showing it should be Barry who is dropped as both NRC and Petrov were superb. Amazing what competition can do for you.

Oh to have competition up front!!

Had Milner signed a week ago and not 2 days ago I believe he would have started. I don't blame Mon for putting a player, who had probabaly only trained with his new club for a couple of hours, on the bench. We started the game without a natural right sided midfiled player but its not something we haven't been doing for the last god knows how long and was hardly a situation which warranted throwing a player in who'd been with the club 2 days.

Gabby. Go 4321, and when Sidwell is fit (there's another option for ya!) bang him in for Petrov and move Barry back.

---NRC-----Petrov

Milner--Barry---Young

Having said that it's harsh on Stan, he's been great and is finding good form.

It's a nice problem to have though, eh?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is the right answer.

Carew in the middle with Milner and Young on the wings.

Petrov, NRC and Barry in the middle of the park. How you organize them is less of a problem for me.

Either 1 defensive and 2 in front of him, or 2 defensive and 1 in front of them.

I think it has to be Petrov. He is playing well, granted. But not as well as NRC is and we know that Barry is Mr.Consistent and can control a game and dig in when the going gets tough. Too often over the past seasons Petrov has disappeared or had a poor game. To suggest Barry being dropped over Petrov I think is having a bit of a short memory.

I do totally agree with competition up front though.

I also think it was the right choice to start with Milner on the bench today. The lad came down on Friday, has probably not had one proper training session with the boys, and to throw him right in there vs Liverpool and expect him to solve all our problems....nah, not for me, too much too soon for a young lad and might have turned out to be a bad experience for him.

Right decision.

For the record I sincerely hope and expect him to start vs Tottenham.

Good thing we don't have too many players away on International duty this time around as it gives them a chance to work on some relations.

You would have to be insane to drop barry, even when he plays badly he plays well. He's our best and all-rounded player, he wasn't england captain for nothing.

At the moment it should be

Milner, Petrov, Barry, Young.

But expect to see alot of rotation this season.

Fair enough NRC did well today, but how often do we say that?

I think its great we have so many talented midfielders to choose from and i think sidwell, milner, gardner, young have massive potential. Expect to see great things happen.

Hmm this is a very tough choice, but based purely on present form, disregarding what happened over the summer, I'm going to have to be controversial and say Barry I think. Petrov has been consistently excellent so far this season, and NRC was fantastic today, so I don't think either can be dropped. Barry, on the other hand, hasn't quite been himself. Gave the ball away far too much today I thought.

I do keep changing my mind though.

What I want to know is which jokers said Ashley Young?!

we've got sidwell to come in too

mmmm

selection dilemma

havent heard that in relation to us in a long while

My thoughts exactly - what a great dilemma to have - a veritable plethora of players fighting to get into the side. Long may this sort of selection dilemma continue!!

Has to be Reo-Coker who goes at the moment I think. DoI really like him and he tries harder for the cause than any other player, with the possible exception of Laursen, but he gives the ball away too much for my liking, and doesn't quite have Petrov's class.

But as others have said, nice dilemna to have. And they'll all get there chance to play if we make it to the UEFA cup group stages. :D

I think it should be down to workrate - Petrov is currently v neat and tidy but it's NRC who charges around the pitch, closing down the opposition and therefore i'd place him in the CM alongside Barry ahead of Stan.

Isn't nice that we have this dilemna?

I disagree Ahamaad - Barry is currently deployed further up the pitch than Petrov who has been in the mopping up position in front of the back four.

I agree that Petrov does not deserve to be dropped but neither does NRC - one of them will be however (unless it's Gabby for the chop and a 4-3-3 system?!?)

I suppose this is part of the tribulations of having a decent squad!!! What will happen when Sidwell returns???

I really don't think Petrov deserves to be dropped - he has been excellent, attacking box to box. Playing Barry and NRC means we have 2 defensive midfielders which really doesn't work.

Although I'm leaning towards agreeing with you, I think NRC's contribution to the side is vastly underrated.

My next question is, where does Steve Sidwell fit into all of this? Because I believe he will prove to be the best of the bunch. Long term....

Milner....Sidwell....Barry....Young

IMO of course.

Â