Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

it was indeed worth a debate - no consensus to be found, which is a good sign for our club.

indeed mate but a descion has to be made

not playing milner in a 433 is fine but not a 442 ...

in fact as I said he showed MON lacked bottle

Ian Mon didn't lack bottle. Had Milner been signed a week ago he would have started in my opinion. The fact that he didn't sign till Friday afternoon, thus having not trained with the rest of the lads, was the reason he didn't start today.

Its all about options isnt it, and I thinik its great that we have so many options - we could play 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1 with those midfielders

It will be an interesting choice, although I think "bottled it" is way harsh.

I'm sorry but I'd drop Barry as I'm still not convinced his heart is in this especially when we haven't got the ball. Petrov has been about out best player this season like it or not people and we need a NRC type if we play with two wingers.

Barry should be no different from anyone else he isn't at the top of his game, far from it and our best player or not his place in the side really should be coming into question.

I would have:

-------- Sidwell - Reo Coker - Barry-------

----Milner----------------------------Young

----------------------Carew------------

Carew holding it up while Milner and Young join from the wings and Sidwell joins from the middle. Barry pulling the strings in the midfield and Nigel breaking up the play. Agbonlahor will be available to run at tired defenders later in the game.

Cliche warning!

"Its a nice headache to have"

Petrov has been one of our more consistent performers recently so it would be harsh to drop him. Saying that I would play NRC, he can win the ball and give it to barray allowing him to be more expresive. It will be interesting to see the role Sidwell plays when he is fit and lets not forget Gardner who surley deserves a chance although he didnt have much of an impact today.

All in all Millner Young & Barry must play IMO - who we fit around them.... ill leave that to MON

I'd drop Barry and put NRC back in midfield as the holding player, Petrov as the attacter. Milner on the right and Barry on the bench.

I don't think Barry's performances last season and thins season with everything hanging over his head has been good enough. If you want to see someone battling to wear the shirt watch NRC, if you want to see someone who's head's in the clouds watch Barry.

Give the Captain's armband to NRC! He deserves it.... does his best in the position MON puts him in. NRC > Mr Invisible

I said NRC for this one. Yes he is a ball winner but if the game is going against him he struggles to pull it back. One thing that would keep Stan in there for me is his consistency. So far this season I have not seen his form waiver and that is pleasing.

Tough call given the form of our men in the middle, but i'd drop Petrov.

So Young left, Milner right, Reo-Coker and Barry in the middle.

Nice selection problem to have though, keep the lads on their toes, especially Barry and Coker. They've got Gardner, Petrov, Sidwell, Salifou all snapping at their heels.

NRC takes the piss with passing it all the way back some times when we are screaming at them to go forward and attack. But Petrov needs to be dropped he is only good for 15% of the time, an we need Milner an Young on the wings and Barry in the middle with Reo coker and Sidwell battling to join him. Sidwell could be better than Reo coker so both should be given chances.

It's a tough choice but someone has to be dropped because having NRC wide right just limits our ability to attack.

I think it would be unfair on petrov if he was dropped as he has been playing well and i think it would be unfair on NRC as he has been asked to play out of position and still worked hard and played well.

I know barry is a quality player but i'm leaning towards the idea of dropping the guy who doesn't actually want to be there. If barry had his way he would have been wearing a red shirt and trying to score past friedel today. I'd drop him and make him wait for a chance.

But Petrov needs to be dropped he is only good for 15% of the time

He has been good all season. NRC was brilliant as well today. Sidwell has a lot to do to force his way into the team IMO.

If Sidders can reproduce the form he showed during Reading's first season in the Premiership, i'd get him in ahead of Reo-Coker alongside Barry.

I'd like to see him given a chance soon.

Today i was watching the game with 3 Liverpool supporters.

Now i have to say they have alot more manners and class than the filth that slitherd away after the Spurs v Chelsea game ended (i've never heard the word removed word used so much on a Sunday)

But to me i was embarrassed by the lac of attacking football we've become known for.

This was the best chance to beat Liverpool and we wasted it.

We need a striker just a as much as our howls for a right back all last season. If we don't get one by the deadline on Mon night then i'm afraid this will tell on our season as a whole.

Who was going to come on today to add something new to our predictive strike force? Marlon Harewood is not the asnwer

Â