Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

It's got to be Barry, and this isn't because of what happened over the summer.

NRC is immense, and I find it beyond beleif how underrated he is by some Villa fans. I expect it from opposition fans, but from our own?

And the other reason being that Petrov has simply played better than Barry so far this season. What is the point having competition if you're just going to drop them for the big name (barry) even when they're playing better.

The midfield for our next game should be:

Young-NRC-Petrov-Milner

Although saying that, I'd be equally as happy with Barry being their as opposed to Petrov.

Why do people not rate NRC though? Who cares if he doesn't make wonder passes, as has been said Barry does this. So what is the problem? NRC makes the tackles, and passes to Barry who can hit his so called 'wonder balls' (or pass to Young who'll do all the work).

NRC is immense, and I find it beyond beleif how underrated he is by some Villa fans. I expect it from opposition fans, but from our own?

Why do people not rate NRC though? Who cares if he doesn't make wonder passes, as has been said Barry does this. So what is the problem? NRC makes the tackles, and passes to Barry who can hit his so called 'wonder balls' (or pass to Young who'll do all the work).

AARGH!!

Immense?

He can't play football!!!

He barely makes tackles, fouls a hell of a lot though, 10 bookings last year? 12 the year before for wham? He doesn't pass to Barry, he passes to the other team, his only completed passes are really negative ones back to the defence (or 60 yard ones back to the keeper to give the other team a chance to get up and reorganise) or ones that I could make, any time he thinks about making a positive move forwards, it takes him so long to decide where he's goin he often gets tackled.

His control is on a par with Gabby, his ability on the ball is such an embarressment. He traps it, then moves himself around the ball as his first touch always gets trapped under feet or bounces 10 foot away from him. Awareness is none existent.

He's fit and he's pretty quick, but he should not be anywhere near our first team.

I'm hoping beyond hope that he'll gradually get some confidence into his game, because a confident player is a different animal to the current state we see every week on the pitch.

Then again, football is opinions. Mine is that NRC is a very bad footballer.

AARGH!!

Immense?

He can't play football!!!

He's fit and he's pretty quick, but he should not be anywhere near our first team.

Then again, football is opinions. Mine is that NRC is a very bad footballer.

Aargh

:shock:

And mine is that if we remove NRC from the team we'll start losing more football matches.

Can't believe that people still do not see just how important he is to this team.

I'm going to be controversial and go for someone not on the list - Gabby! I would play 4-3-3 with Big John supported by Young & Milner for a few games as I am not too convinced about Gabby at the moment. I know he scored a hat trick against City, but at times against Stoke and Liverpool he was nothing short of useless!

Petrov is the one I would drop, playing milner wide right, and NRC along side barry. But MON has stuck with petrov through thick and thin - so I suspect petrov will remain in the team - at least in the short term. Think Milner will remain a playing sub in the short term as well.

I'm going to be controversial and go for someone not on the list - Gabby! I would play 4-3-3 with Big John supported by Young & Milner for a few games as I am not too convinced about Gabby at the moment. I know he scored a hat trick against City, but at times against Stoke and Liverpool he was nothing short of useless!

Don't think you're being controversial Dave, I think the best thing that could happen to Gabby right now is being dropped. He needs something to make him raise his game. Carew is winning all the little flick ons and holding play up, but he's nowhere to be seen. I too would look at 4-3-3 with Ash and Milner supporting, gives us the option of playing 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1

I disagree this about NRC being a bad footballer. How many times did he give the ball away Sunday and has great stamina. I also think he played better when he was out of the role of defence midfielder, it frees him up more to play box to box (not attacking, in general).

I disagree this about NRC being a bad footballer. How many times did he give the ball away Sunday and has great stamina. I also think he played better when he was out of the role of defence midfielder, it frees him up more to play box to box (not attacking, in general).

I agree with you and I think NRC is great!! And even when he gives away the ball or doesn't always do the right decision when he has the ball, it doesn't mean he's not valuable for us. What makes a "good footballer" is almost a philosophical question. His skill level isn't great, but I think he still helps us to win games, often even more than players who may create more scoring opportunities.

You know what, I've been struggling to pick someone out of NRC, Petrov and Barry to drop... but I think I agree with you there. Apart from that 7 mad minutes against man city Gabby has been fairly poor.

good shout! 8)

Â