Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

Young, Barry, NRC, Milner

for me.

NRC is vital to our success. Forget MOTD highlights, the guy breaks up play so well and has a huge engine, we need him in the centre of the park, not stuck on the right wing.

NRC all day long... pointless breaking up play if you cant pass!

I'm sure there are stats that show that NRC doesn't give the ball away as some like to make out.

Yup, IIRC a better pass completed percentage than Barry last season, a guy who's in the england team because he passes well and doesn't give the ball away.

the poll is interesting small sample but 70% reckon Petrov should be dropped

says a lot about how fans watch the game and how players perform

How do you mean?

simple Scott he has been the best midfielder yet peopel would drop him

people suggest shrorey and have Barry at LB for christs sake ...

the worse midfielder so far and the one that has to be dropped is Barry, no question of that

To me its absolutely obvius - and therefore even more annoying for today.

It has to be Young, NRC, Barry, Milner

Yes, harsh on Petrov, but that is clearly our strongest midfield.

Petrov should be cover for barry, Sidwell for NRC

and if we had have started that today - we'd have slaughtered them - blinking annoyed !!

the worse midfielder so far and the one that has to be dropped is Barry, no question of that

I personally feel that you may be letting your anger at GB for the summer get to you and cloud your judgement. I cant see what GB has done on the pitch, apart from one poor performance at Stoke, to warrant the comments. Today he played well, against man city he was superb, against Odense he was superb.

Without barry we arent anything like a top 4 team, with him,who knows? but we look better with him there than not, which was the whole point in fighting off liverpool all summer

its difficult......

NRC offers something nobody else can...the ability to harass and tackle for 90 mins........in many ways he is crucial to the team........

Petrov has proved he can play that role also very well.........and he passes and moves the ball much better than NRC looking for the forward pass more often than not......plus his stamina is still pretty good.........

its one of these two who has to go........and ive plumped for NRC but only just........

god knows about Sidwell......ive almost forgotten about him!!

Nicky Shorey would be a candidate for me.

Who would you put at left-back mate?

Unfortunatly, although I consider it to be far from his best position, Barry.

Nah, he's shit there. Stick with Shorey I say mate.

Shorey's big problem, lack of pace. And it will be a huge problem for Barry if he's put there. What works in Shorey's favour, is the fact it's his natural postion, so we're better off sticking with him until Bouma returns. Although Barry would be a better option attacking wise, he's a useless defender really.

NRC all day long... pointless breaking up play if you cant pass!

I'm sure there are stats that show that NRC doesn't give the ball away as some like to make out.

Yup, IIRC a better pass completed percentage than Barry last season, a guy who's in the england team because he passes well and doesn't give the ball away.

yes but Barry may strive to do something creative with the ball and try and score a goal, going forwards. Not hit a 60 yard passes back to the keeper because he can't control the ball properly and panics when the ball comes to him and he's got a opposition player within 10 yards.

NRC has to be dropped, then he can go and watch Barry Bannan and learn how to play football.

Nothing to do with anger but I personally don't think Barry played well today, he was ok when we were in possession but when we weren't he walked around the pitch. He was terrible at Stoke and even worse on Thursday, on current form he doesn't deserve to be in the team ahead of Petrov or NRC.

Â