Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

Lots of people saying Milner should've started today and we've paid enough money that he'll definitely play.

But with most people saying that Reo Coker and Petrov were our best players today, who are we going to drop?

For me, I'd be playing

Young-----Barry-----ReoCoker----Milner

purely for the energy side of things. Petrov was very tidy today, broke things up and he's definitely a tidy footballer. But although he keeps the ball better than NRC, it all gets a bit 'sideways' for my liking. The energy of NRC would get him the place for me.

Or is there another solution? Can we afford to play with two wingers?

NRC only ever goes backwards unless theres a very easy 10 yard pass forwards to someone who can play football, even then he just loves to give it away.

Petrov and Barry have been working well, with them as a base (competing with Sidders when he's fit and the ever improving Gardner), our wing play can kill teams, but we vitally need a forward to play with carew to really push on in all 4 fronts this year.

It's an awkward one. Petrov over the space of the 3 games has possibly been our best player this season. About the only guy in the starting XI that has yet to have a bad game, other than maybe L.Young, so it would be a little harsh to drop him.

What about when Sidwell is back....

I think it'll be

Young - Barry - Sidwell - Milner.

Sidwell maybe be swapped with Reo-Coker, although Petrov has been decent in a few games, its abut season long peformances.

Gabby. Go 4321, and when Sidwell is fit (there's another option for ya!) bang him in for Petrov and move Barry back.

---NRC-----Petrov

Milner--Barry---Young

Having said that it's harsh on Stan, he's been great and is finding good form.

It's a nice problem to have though, eh?

Don't really think Milner has deserved a start yet?

1) Petrov, the obvious weak link, has been decent and probably better than Milner has been this season (even though two games is very little to judge from)

2) Milner isn't Ronaldo - and is only marginally better than Petrov anyway. He is a right midfielder though, so will perhaps take over for the abovementioned in a flat four.

3) Dropping Gabby if we aren't signing another striker tomorrow might be a plan, thus playing 4-5-1 going 4-3-3 in attack with Young - Carew - Milner

Next up is Tottenham away - a game I would be more than happy with if we gathered 1 point. It's a shit time to meet them, just like it was shit meeting Stoke City last week. They are bound to win a game soon and will gain some momentum drawing Chelsea away. They are very solid on their day, that's why I would drop Gabby for this one and put James Milner on the right... making NRC/Barry/Petrov link up in the middle controlling Modric and Jenas. They will have new players I think, at least Pavlyuchenko and perhaps another one as well up there? Bent and Pavlyuchenko will score at least once....

Sorry to say it but for me its got nowt to do with current form. Barry wont get dropped, Petrov is playing well and NRC for all his enthusiasm and energy isn't a right winger

Of the three of them last season Petrov was the least favoured so he found himself wide right

Now its NRC who is in that unfortunate position, he's the one who gets chopped and changed around, moved to right back etc

It'll be NRC who makes way for Milner most of the time. If its likely to be a tough midfield battle NRC will play and petrov will play

thing is where does Sidwell fit in too!

Sorry to say it but for me its got nowt to do with current form. Barry wont get dropped, Petrov is playing well and NRC for all his enthusiasm and energy isn't a right winger

Of the three of them last season Petrov was the least favoured so he found himself wide right

Now its NRC who is in that unfortunate position, he's the one who gets chopped and changed around, moved to right back etc

It'll be NRC who makes way for Milner most of the time. If its likely to be a tough midfield battle NRC will play and petrov will play

thing is where does Sidwell fit in too!

Agree with that. I personally would drop Petrov but think MON wil drop NRC.

Â