Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

I think Pete you are wrong mate ...

Trent talked about preconceptions well a lot abut Petrov and Barry

I watched hi today off the ball and it seemed to me he was just standing around and yet Petrov as there for every loose ball

interesting how different peopel see thngs eh ?

Nicky Shorey would be a candidate for me.

Who would you put at left-back mate?

Unfortunatly, although I consider it to be far from his best position, Barry.

Nah, he's shit there. Stick with Shorey I say mate.

Shorey's big problem, lack of pace. And it will be a huge problem for Barry if he's put there. What works in Shorey's favour, is the fact it's his natural postion, so we're better off sticking with him until Bouma returns. Although Barry would be a better option attacking wise, he's a useless defender really.

While I like Shorey's distribution, his defending is yet to convince me.

the worse midfielder so far and the one that has to be dropped is Barry, no question of that

I personally feel that you may be letting your anger at GB for the summer get to you and cloud your judgement. I cant see what GB has done on the pitch, apart from one poor performance at Stoke, to warrant the comments. Today he played well, against man city he was superb, against Odense he was superb.

Without barry we arent anything like a top 4 team, with him,who knows? but we look better with him there than not, which was the whole point in fighting off liverpool all summer

Agree completely PB

The only thing the summer has done is in my head he's called Barry now, not Gareth

Nicky Shorey would be a candidate for me.

Who would you put at left-back mate?

Unfortunatly, although I consider it to be far from his best position, Barry.

Nah, he's shit there. Stick with Shorey I say mate.

Shorey's big problem, lack of pace. And it will be a huge problem for Barry if he's put there. What works in Shorey's favour, is the fact it's his natural postion, so we're better off sticking with him until Bouma returns. Although Barry would be a better option attacking wise, he's a useless defender really.

While I like Shorey's distribution, his defending is yet to convince me.

I'd agree with you, i've not been overly impressed with him so far, but i still think we're better sticking with him for the time being.

Times like this make you realise how valuable Bouma really is to us.

I seriously think people should lower their expectations on James Milner. At least right now, he is NOT that exceptional. He is young and hopefully will develop into something spectacular but right now he isn't guaranteed a starting place in the team. Stiliyan Petrov is the obvious pick though, he has never shown consistent form has he?

I wish Barry had left for Liverpool,might have forced us to buy a decent attacking midfielder to play alongside the awesome NRC (i'm not being sarcastic, give him the captain's armband).

I'm sick of "neither here or there" Gareth Barry, why do some people still rate him when supporters of other football teams and myself claim him to be average?

If we had to get 18mil for him i'd still pissing myself laughing now.

If you want a man to rise to the big occassion then Gareth Barry is certainly not your man.

I disagree entirely about this Pettrov is playing better so it hs to be Barry.

I totally agree, Petrov is plaing well, but it is EXACTLY the same as England isn't it !!

Lampard and Gerrard are better players than Barry - but what you have with NRC Barry is the exact you get with gerrard Barry - balance !, one compliments the other perfectly, the ball winning workhorse who will pass it simple to his mate who can then ping it left right and centre,

Today, that was lacking - Petrov had a stormer, but the balance is totally wrong !!

I seriously think people should lower their expectations on James Milner. At least right now, he is NOT that exceptional. He is young and hopefully will develop into something spectacular but right now he isn't guaranteed a starting place in the team. Stiliyan Petrov is the obvious pick though, he has never shown consistent form has he?

Well he should be, as he's the only natural wide man we've got for the right hand side (well, apart from Routledge, but he's not good enough).

We want a balanced side, he needs to play. As we saw today, they marked Young out of the game, so everything ended up going through the middle, so things got very conjested as Liverpool play with no width really.

We'd have been better starting Young on the left, and Milner wide right. Another avenue of attack, takes pressure off Young and gives the opposition something else to worry about.

So for me, he's fit, he starts. The days of playing Coker or Petrov on the right should be long gone now, injury permitting of course. The kids quality, get him in there.

I totally agree, Petrov is plaing well, but it is EXACTLY the same as England isn't it !!

Lampard and Gerrard are better players than Barry - but what you have with NRC Barry is the exact you get with gerrard Barry - balance !, one compliments the other perfectly, the ball winning workhorse who will pass it simple to his mate who can then ping it left right and centre,

Today, that was lacking - Petrov had a stormer, but the balance is totally wrong !!

I'll tell you what is wrong, Barry's attitude, body language and work rate off the ball. All wrong.

NRC all day long... pointless breaking up play if you cant pass!

I'm sure there are stats that show that NRC doesn't give the ball away as some like to make out.

Yup, IIRC a better pass completed percentage than Barry last season, a guy who's in the england team because he passes well and doesn't give the ball away.

yes but Barry may strive to do something creative with the ball and try and score a goal, going forwards. Not hit a 60 yard passes back to the keeper because he can't control the ball properly and panics when the ball comes to him and he's got a opposition player within 10 yards.

NRC has to be dropped, then he can go and watch Barry Bannan and learn how to play football.

Noted.

But the point was giving the ball away, not being creative or anything else.

But in response to your point, I don't think NRC is there to be creative. Whoever he is playing alongside can do that. he's there to win the ball from the opposition and break up there attacks which he does very very well, imo of course.

Too many midfielders?! Who'd think we'd have that problem a year ago?

To be honest it's probably Barry who SHOULD be dropped based on his performances in the last couple of games. But Barry won't be dropped because he's our Gerrard. If he's fit - he'll play. We can't afford to drop NRC because he's the only player who'll give us the grit and tackling ability in the centre of the park. And Ashley Young is still our most creative outlet.

Milner HAS to come in to the team to give us some width and a different option in attack.

So I've voted for Petrov, even though he's been doing well.

I'm sorry but why would we compare anything to the English football team?

They are a group of overated, work-shy, mercernaries that can boast the likes of Cashly Cole and john Terry in their squad (how quickly people forget)

A team of underachievers and , quite frankly, getting away with prison spoilt brats should never be held up to a team like ours.

You want balance? Drop Barry! Give NRC and Petrov the start they deserve. Barry IMO is worth 10million at most, we would have been lucky to get what Pool were offering.

He disappears when we need him the most and he holds us back.

Did Barry play badly today? I thought he did fine. The problem when playing Liverpool, they are a very compact unit, their play comes through the middle. Made it harder for us. That ball to Young, no other midfielder we have could have played that ball.

I thought Barry was good today, not brilliant, but good. And I thought he was excellent vs Man City. I didn't see the stoke game but assume he was poor as was the whole team.

So imo in 2 out of 3 games he's been good at worst! Not bad if you ask me.

Â