andykeenan

Managed to grab a couple in the Upper North, was a nice surprise to finally get some. Will have to consider getting the membership to be honest, as I really can't see many games making it to general sale, unless they purposely hold a few thousand tickets until general sale each time? 

Silly that they've gone straight to general sale as Hibs fans will be gleefully trying to snap them up before Villa fans, subjecting themselves to either having the tickets cancelled by AVFC as will be easily identifiable (brand new accounts created today - doesn't exactly take a genius to work out which accounts have been created by Hibs fans) or a good old fashioned Aston welcome if they gob off in the home end after managing to slip through the net! 😂

19 minutes ago, wedge said:

Silly that they've gone straight to general sale as Hibs fans will be gleefully trying to snap them up before Villa fans, subjecting themselves to either having the tickets cancelled by AVFC as will be easily identifiable (brand new accounts created today - doesn't exactly take a genius to work out which accounts have been created by Hibs fans) or a good old fashioned Aston welcome if they gob off in the home end after managing to slip through the net! 😂

Suprised its gone on general sale already? Surely there would ahvw been massove demand for this?

I mean id i could have got the day off i would have gone

8 hours ago, wedge said:

Think our ticketing department may not have a genius in its ranks - according to Hibs fans forum, their fans are snapping up tickets all over VP, by simply creating dodgy accounts - can't see this ending well if there's little pockets of mullered Hibees dotted around the ground.....

Edited by Dillon66

4 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Think our ticketing department may not have a genius in its ranks - according to Hibs fans forum, their fans are snapping up tickets all over VP, by simply creating dodgy accounts - can't see this ending well if there's little pockets of mullered Hibees dotted around the ground.....

I've been told by very good authority this morning that the club have moved/will be moving swiftly to cancel any such tickets purchased by these new online ticketing accounts which won't be difficult to identify and the criteria to purchase tickets will be adjusted accordingly.

As for any that slip through the net, good luck to them, bearing in mind it's cheap tickets and a midweek night match which in my past experience seemingly brings more of our lunatics to the occasion then I certainly hope they stay quiet and don't open their mouths to reveal their Scottish brogue!!!

As I said on another forum, the last mob to purchase tickets en-masse thinking they'd have a jolly night out and be able to take the p*** in Villa areas got kicked back to Small Heath in 2003!

11 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking about going on my own to this as my old man will be at work, anyone ever go games on their own? How is the experience? 

As someone said to me when I posed this question mate, you're never on your own at the Villa, you'll have 40,000 mates in attendance too!

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following Hibs supporters attempting to purchase tickets within the Home section of Villa Park by creating Fan ID’s 🎫 ⤵️

🗣️ We can confirm that both the Club and Police have moved swiftly to cancel any such tickets purchased and will be adjusting the criteria accordingly to ensure a safe environment for everyone in attendance at Villa Park.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andykeenan said:

Following Hibs supporters attempting to purchase tickets within the Home section of Villa Park by creating Fan ID’s 🎫⤵️

🗣️ We can confirm that both the Club and Police have moved swiftly to cancel any such tickets purchased and will be adjusting the criteria accordingly to ensure a safe environment for everyone in attendance at Villa Park.

Told ya 😉

Only single seats left now even after the jocks who bought in the home end have had their tickets cancelled and still over a week to go.

Edited by wedge

On 11/08/2023 at 00:35, OutByEaster? said:

Bravo to the club on getting the pricing on this one right - it's a pleasant surprise.

Reminds me of our premier league pricing about a decade ago!

Not going to see 25 quid tickets for league matches ever again but hopefully they keep them for the group stages as not like we'll be playing big names if we get through for a while.

• Like 1

Â