andykeenan

On 21/08/2023 at 23:02, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking about going on my own to this as my old man will be at work, anyone ever go games on their own? How is the experience? 

I always go alone in north stand upper, it’s fine as everyone is there to watch the game, no one cares or will say anything bad, if anything it shows you are a serious fan who is here to watch the game you don’t care what people think or optics!

plus I often sing a lot and sometimes people next to me who aren’t season ticket holders will jump up and celebrate and are really happy to be there so they make conversation with you and really sing loud as they are so happy to be there

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Creeper said:

Has anyone had their tickets come through for the home match yet? villa support said to me that the tickets are emailed, but I've had nothing even though I have email confirmation and an order number

Are you sure you didn’t miss a confirmation email from ticketsales@avfc.co.uk? I’ve just gone through my emails to double check and there was a confirmation email with the e-ticket attached right at the bottom of the email. There is the option to add it to Apple wallet or to just to show the qr code. Definitely check the email!

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder if there will be alot of returns now after the games practically over with.?

132 tickets in total showing available at the time of writing so in reality only 100 or so have seemingly done this as well as Hibs fans who thought they were being incredibly clever and wouldn't get found out despite only just creating a new AVFC online ticket account, only buying a ticket for one game and a Scottish McName and address attached to said account to top it off having their tickets cancelled 😂

• Haha 2

On 21/08/2023 at 23:02, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking about going on my own to this as my old man will be at work, anyone ever go games on their own? How is the experience? 

On 22/08/2023 at 11:02, wedge said:

As someone said to me when I posed this question mate, you're never on your own at the Villa, you'll have 40,000 mates in attendance too!

👍

And you won't have to buy them a drink, the best sort

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Looks sold out for "normal seats" but circa 500 seats seem to be available for the Terrace View at a bargain price of £96 each for adults.

This is absolutely criminal...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Lots of tickets showing as available across almost all areas of the ground right now. 

About two dozen or so returned tickets showing again, cancelled because they were bought by Hibs fans when it mistakenly went on general sale for five minutes maybe?

Random question, I bought two tickets for tomorrow for me and one for my mate, he can’t go now but my missus is going instead. (Yes i know honestly she’s a keeper!) is it going to matter that her name isn’t on the ticket?

I don’t fancy driving 3.5 hours there for her to be turned away because her names not Adam 😂

it doesn’t say anything on the Apple wallet ticket about a name.. but on the physical ticket it does.

sorry to be a pain…

27 minutes ago, MattAvfc92 said:

Random question, I bought two tickets for tomorrow for me and one for my mate, he can’t go now but my missus is going instead. (Yes i know honestly she’s a keeper!) is it going to matter that her name isn’t on the ticket?

I don’t fancy driving 3.5 hours there for her to be turned away because her names not Adam 😂

it doesn’t say anything on the Apple wallet ticket about a name.. but on the physical ticket it does.

sorry to be a pain…

The club say you need to phone and transfer the fan ID, the reality is, I have borrowed numerous friends season cards or brought spares over the years, I have been checked on the gate the grand amount of 0 times - fair play though driving that amount for a dead rubber!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, avfc456 said:

The club say you need to phone and transfer the fan ID, the reality is, I have borrowed numerous friends season cards or brought spares over the years, I have been checked on the gate the grand amount of 0 times - fair play though driving that amount for a dead rubber!

Fair enough, might ring just to be safe but honestly if it’s not going to be a problem might just leave it and hope she doesn’t get checked… 😂 I don’t get to go very often so I’ll take any games I can get to go to!

36 minutes ago, MattAvfc92 said:

sorry to be a pain…

I dont see how the name would make any difference, you dont get ID'd on entry? As long as both adults should be OK.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I dont see how the name would make any difference, you dont get ID'd on entry? As long as both adults should be OK.

This was my thinking honestly, this day and age I doubt they can go around asking people if that’s their actual name… 😂

• Like 1

@MattAvfc92 In principle, if the person on the ticket isn't the person that is registered as having the ticket on the club's ticketing system, then you, as the person supplying them with that ticket will be subject to punishment from the club which would restrict your ability to buy further tickets.

The club ask that when you do pass a ticket on to a family member you contact them and let them know, they'll then issue a new ticket in the name of the person who will actually attend.

In practice, the club aren't very good at that, it's not something you can do online, you'll need to contact the club by phone and talk through it with someone, which can sometimes mean a wait during peak ticketing hours and then there have been a number of instances where the new ticket has not arrived by matchday and people have had to queue up at the ticket office before kick off to collect it  (I'd hope that would now be fixed by the e-ticket though.)

it's the kind of thing that you should be able to do by self service on the website in a few seconds with no need for a new ticket - that technology isn't there yet.

At the moment, in so far as I can see, the club very rarely checks people on tickets, if at all, and have concentrated on deciding and issuing the draconian punishment list rather than  making the process easier or enforcing it.

It'd be a miracle if you got caught swapping this ticket, a lightning strike, a lottery win, an absolute freak occurrence - but if you do, then you'll get a one month ban, as per the below which were issued this week:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/29/ticketing-regulations-for-2023-24/

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.30.54.png

Â