andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

@MattAvfc92 In principle, if the person on the ticket isn't the person that is registered as having the ticket on the club's ticketing system, then you, as the person supplying them with that ticket will be subject to punishment from the club which would restrict your ability to buy further tickets.

The club ask that when you do pass a ticket on to a family member you contact them and let them know, they'll then issue a new ticket in the name of the person who will actually attend.

In practice, the club aren't very good at that, it's not something you can do online, you'll need to contact the club by phone and talk through it with someone, which can sometimes mean a wait during peak ticketing hours and then there have been a number of instances where the new ticket has not arrived by matchday and people have had to queue up at the ticket office before kick off to collect it  (I'd hope that would now be fixed by the e-ticket though.)

it's the kind of thing that you should be able to do by self service on the website in a few seconds with no need for a new ticket - that technology isn't there yet.

At the moment, in so far as I can see, the club very rarely checks people on tickets, if at all, and have concentrated on deciding and issuing the draconian punishment list rather than  making the process easier or enforcing it.

It'd be a miracle if you got caught swapping this ticket, a lightning strike, a lottery win, an absolute freak occurrence - but if you do, then you'll get a one month ban, as per the below which were issued this week:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/29/ticketing-regulations-for-2023-24/

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.30.54.png

They need to make it easier than spending 30 mins in a phone que or waiting 2 days for an answer to an email then.  Sometimes it's a last minute thing so a simple login to your season ticket and chose the game and person you want to allocate it to.  Fan IDs should be able to be created with a telephone number only.  The club can get all the address details later.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

They need to make it easier than spending 30 mins in a phone que or waiting 2 days for an answer to an email then.  Sometimes it's a last minute thing so a simple login to your season ticket and chose the game and person you want to allocate it to.  Fan IDs should be able to be created with a telephone number only.  The club can get all the address details later.

Absolutely - the punishments get stronger every season but the club isn't making the process simpler at all - the only saving grace is that no actual checks are being carried out. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

@MattAvfc92 In principle, if the person on the ticket isn't the person that is registered as having the ticket on the club's ticketing system, then you, as the person supplying them with that ticket will be subject to punishment from the club which would restrict your ability to buy further tickets.

The club ask that when you do pass a ticket on to a family member you contact them and let them know, they'll then issue a new ticket in the name of the person who will actually attend.

In practice, the club aren't very good at that, it's not something you can do online, you'll need to contact the club by phone and talk through it with someone, which can sometimes mean a wait during peak ticketing hours and then there have been a number of instances where the new ticket has not arrived by matchday and people have had to queue up at the ticket office before kick off to collect it  (I'd hope that would now be fixed by the e-ticket though.)

it's the kind of thing that you should be able to do by self service on the website in a few seconds with no need for a new ticket - that technology isn't there yet.

At the moment, in so far as I can see, the club very rarely checks people on tickets, if at all, and have concentrated on deciding and issuing the draconian punishment list rather than  making the process easier or enforcing it.

It'd be a miracle if you got caught swapping this ticket, a lightning strike, a lottery win, an absolute freak occurrence - but if you do, then you'll get a one month ban, as per the below which were issued this week:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/29/ticketing-regulations-for-2023-24/

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.30.54.png

Fair enough mate, thank you everyone for your help. :)

Everyone I’ve spoke to has said they don’t check and it’ll be fine in the 99.999% of the time.. 

in terms of a ban that wouldn’t really affect me as I don’t manage to get to many games… 

Issue would be if they refuse my missus entry really…. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattAvfc92 said:

Random question, I bought two tickets for tomorrow for me and one for my mate, he can’t go now but my missus is going instead. (Yes i know honestly she’s a keeper!) is it going to matter that her name isn’t on the ticket?

I don’t fancy driving 3.5 hours there for her to be turned away because her names not Adam 😂

it doesn’t say anything on the Apple wallet ticket about a name.. but on the physical ticket it does.

sorry to be a pain…

I’ve done it before to avoid having to be on the phone for an hour to change it. Never had a problem.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MattAvfc92 said:

Random question, I bought two tickets for tomorrow for me and one for my mate, he can’t go now but my missus is going instead. (Yes i know honestly she’s a keeper!) is it going to matter that her name isn’t on the ticket?

I don’t fancy driving 3.5 hours there for her to be turned away because her names not Adam 😂

it doesn’t say anything on the Apple wallet ticket about a name.. but on the physical ticket it does.

sorry to be a pain…

You'll be fine 100% mate nobody checks.

As for the wider Gestapo-like announcement from the club in general, I'm getting a bit sick and tired of them assuming all supporters are criminals and treated us as such. I do understand the anti-touting measures to try and prevent tickets being flogged on 3rd party websites for 5x face value but to threaten season ticket holders with bans if they can't make a game at short notice and give their season card to a relative etc for one game smells horrifically bad from the club. What next to satisfy them, facial recognition upon entry and denied if you don't match??

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 01:26, alreadyexists said:

Still lots of tickets… mainly just odd ones though, I would go if I could find a two, but I’ll probably just leave it this time given it’s a bit of a dead rubber

PM'd you 

Â