1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Its 5%, so we are giving them 2k.

Given their ground was about two thirds full for their last round game, and this game is a 5.45pm kick off, I would have thought it unlikely they sell out the ground. Maybe we are more of a draw than I'm giving us credit for. Could well be that our allocation increases depending on ticket sales I suppose.

It does say initial details on the app, so maybe a larger allocation is possible

1 hour ago, markc said:

1078 allocation, going to a be a scramble. 3pm today on sale.

I wouldn't have thought it'll be a scramble today - the first classification won't have 1,078 people in it. 

The big problem is the massive gap between Friday and Saturday - the reduced availability for the opening game of last season at Bournemouth meant that having either 18 or 19 aways last year became a bit of a lottery, dependent on whether you got in for that one or not - that left a few hundred people with 18 instead of 19 - and this drops directly from 19 to 11 - which opens up to a lot more people.

I'd think these will be gone by 10:05 on Saturday at the very latest and that five minutes on Saturday morning will be heaven or hell.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It does say initial details on the app, so maybe a larger allocation is possible

Will be no more tickets if was more it say  initial allocation bit like Liverpool 

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Its 5%, so we are giving them 2k.

Given their ground was about two thirds full for their last round game, and this game is a 5.45pm kick off, I would have thought it unlikely they sell out the ground. Maybe we are more of a draw than I'm giving us credit for. Could well be that our allocation increases depending on ticket sales I suppose.

Reckon the SJM factor is a bigger pull than Rangers/Celtic 

• Like 1

The South stand holds 3250 ish.  1600 ish in both top and lower tiers.

Hibs are starting to sell in the lower tier ( alongside Villa) but not the top tier as yet. Difficulty would be segregation as the stand can be split vertically . If they can segregate the top tier from the Hibs on the lower then perhaps extra tickets could be made available but only, as one post states, if Hibs cannot sell the rest of the ground.

Mind you, when tickets went on sale yesterday  Hibs made a complete mess of it and had to close it down after a couple of hours.🫣 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kingman said:

Reckon the SJM factor is a bigger pull than Rangers/Celtic 

Rangers often doesn't sell out due to the antics of their fans but Celtic and Hearts often do. Much depends on how we are doing at the time. You are right that many fans are attracted by the return of SJM .................hope they feel the same about him when as a true professional he slots his third goal home. 🤣

The attraction is also an English Premier League side and some delusionals feel we "have a chance of an upset" 🙃  It's the same when we get to Hamdump there is always a scramble for tickets and many are day-trippers who don't attend any other games. We have a League Cup game tomorrow at home where we have sold maybe a couple of thousand tickets and these same " tripper fans" will be moaning if they turn us over. There is probably a good chance of this which is a shame as it is one of the 2 opportunities in Scotland ( along with the Scottish Cup) of winning a trophy. Having said that it has been an expensive month for Hibs fans so maybe saving their money to see a quality side on Wednesday and not going to watch Raith tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 2

I’ve got a neighbour in my street, originally from Edinburgh & is a Hibs supporter who’s hopefully getting me a couple of tickets for the game, he reckons that Villa might get more than their original allocation because of the early kick off time , which obviously won’t suit everyone.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Any plans for Villa fans going up without tickets? Like big screen or just away pub?

Doubt there will be any big screens to show the game with the festival in full swing . In the past they have used a square opposite Usher Hall in the past but "The Ladyboys of Bangkok" are there at the moment 🙃    St Andrews square is the only other possible venue but not seen anything proposed.

The Globe Sports Bar just in Niddry Street is a good venue to watch the game and is fairly close to Waverley Station.

Rose Street ( parallel to Prince's Street ) is good for pubs and atmosphere.  Only fans you are likely to encounter are Hearts fans who will be cheering for Villa  anyway!!.

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

Doubt there will be any big screens to show the game with the festival in full swing . In the past they have used a square opposite Usher Hall in the past but "The Ladyboys of Bangkok" are there at the moment 🙃    St Andrews square is the only other possible venue but not seen anything proposed.

Am conflicted. One the one hand it means we would be able to drink in town....but there....?! 

Yes, I know he is your patron Saint but.... I'd feel proppa awkward mate 😉

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Am conflicted. One the one hand it means we would be able to drink in town....but there....?! 

Yes, I know he is your patron Saint but.... I'd feel proppa awkward mate 😉

Not mine mate.............born in Hall Green to Welsh parents🤣

• Haha 1

The 5.45 ko is just so dead

Why they didnt put the hearts game at 5.45 ill never know as hibs vs villa is a much bigger game

With regards to tickets they will only get 2k so more tickets for villa fans home leg which will hopefully bw a brilliant atmosphere 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why they didnt put the hearts game at 5.45 ill never know as hibs vs villa is a much bigger game

With regards to tickets they will only get 2k so more tickets for villa fans home leg which will hopefully bw a brilliant atmosphere 

The decision as to which game was moved was made as to league positions at the end of last season.and since Hearts were above Hibs they stayed on Thursday. Problem then was that as there are Champions League games on the Wednesday our game had to be brought forward so as not to clash.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

A large gathering of English fans drinking all day in Scotland is also a terrible idea

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

A large gathering of English fans drinking all day in Scotland is also a terrible idea

Classic Irishman's comment trying to tar all English fans with the 'hooligan' brush whilst in another breath no doubt chuckling at the whimsy of tens of thousands of Jocks descending whenever Scotland play at Wembley etc and go on the rampage.

I've never seen hoards of p***ed-up English/England fans bathing/pissing/s****ing in fountains, rioting and covering the city in vomit and urine to the extent that occurs when the 'friendly' Tartan Army come to town so let's put things into a bit of perspective here.

Â