Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

I think we'd actually do well to play him on the left for a few matches. While he hasn't impressed, we wouldn't have to change the system too much just to go out of the way to exclude him.

But maybe he's a poor trainer or something else that Unai doesn't like. Our record isn't all too terrible when he started a lot of matches in the first half of the season.

Edited by DJBOB

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Him and Diaby have seem to become the whipping boys for some reason. He hasn't done as well as I hoped but hasn't been that bad, as a stop gap loan signing.  A lot left in the season, he could play a big role.

Not exactly surprising. Diaby's had a downturn in form and Zaniolo hasn't pulled up any trees since he arrived. I think people were expecting more from them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not exactly surprising. Diaby's had a downturn in form and Zaniolo hasn't pulled up any trees since he arrived. I think people were expecting more from them. 

Actually it is, because most often they are subject to abuse and have been made scapegoats for loses, even though they have been playing for less than 10 minutes in the games 

8 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Actually it is, because most often they are subject to abuse and have been made scapegoats for loses, even though they have been playing for less than 10 minutes in the games 

Are you trying to apply logic to football fan rants? 

Not sure why Diaby and Zaniolo get grouped together, Diaby has been brilliant for us at times, people were purring that he was well worth the money and surely worth more, he has four goals and seven assists, six goals in all competitions, so that's already a great contribution, with more probably to come, and of course he will refind his form.

For Zaniolo it's different

Edited by useless
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure why Diaby and Zaniolo get grouped together, Diaby has been brilliant for us at times, people were purring that he was well worth the money and surely worth more, he has four goals and seven assists, six goals in all competitions, so that's already a great contribution, with more probably to come, and of course he will refind his form.

For Zaniolo it's different

Personally I would not call it a great return tbh with you. But like you I believe he will recapture his form. 
I also believe Zaniolo will, but possibly not with us sadly 

Diaby has Seventeen assists and four goals in twenty-eight league appearances, which is pretty good going, he's on course for double figures in assists, and chances are he will score more too. Those stats are more impressive because in terms of minutes on the pitch in the league he's only played about seventeen games worth of football

Hopefully Zaniolo can have some good moments between now and the end of the season

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Him and Diaby have seem to become the whipping boys for some reason. He hasn't done as well as I hoped but hasn't been that bad, as a stop gap loan signing.  A lot left in the season, he could play a big role.

The sheff utd equaliser aside, i'm struggling to think of any positive impact he's had this season. He's been a really poor signing. 

*Zaniolo

Edited by GingerCollins29

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Diaby has Seventeen assists and four goals in twenty-eight league appearances, which is pretty good going, he's on course for double figures in assists, and chances are he will score more too. Those stats are more impressive because in terms of minutes on the pitch in the league he's only played about seventeen games worth of football

Hopefully Zaniolo can have some good moments between now and the end of the season

Are you sure? 

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The sheff utd equaliser aside, i'm struggling to think of any positive impact he's had this season. He's been a really poor signing. 

*Zaniolo

Goal against Zrinjski Mostar ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yep fair enough, forgot that one. Still, not enough from him to warrant keeping him unfortunately

I don't think we will keep him ,but given how short we are now he still can offer something till end of season. 

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

Are you trying to apply logic to football fan rants? 

I'm trying 😀

I'm an engineer, so it's difficult for me not to 🤣

The problem with Zaniolo through no fault of his own was that a lot of fans got into the head that he was the second coming of Totti and people were just expecting him to explode when he got a goal

I warned people at the time he is a completely different player and not near that level and got talked down for being negative

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The problem with Zaniolo through no fault of his own was that a lot of fans got into the head that he was the second coming of Totti and people were just expecting him to explode when he got a goal

I warned people at the time he is a completely different player and not near that level and got talked down for being negative

It's not all about you dude. 😀

Â