Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

You can see that in his first few games he looked like scoring and assisting but didn’t work out. His confidence dropped and wasn’t performing as he’d like.

since the excellent goal in Europe he’s got a bit of swagger in his play now. I’d start him up front with Ollie against Scumchester United. I think he’ll have a great game against them. 

• Like 2

I thought, there was so much in the make-up of that goal that pleased me.

I have been  wishing for so long, we can score goals like that and I was impressed, with the courage he employed, to execute it....great ball in by the way.

The image of that goal, won't go away....we have to score more like that.

We talk about the low block, and how to breach it.........perfect example, of one way to do it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think if he plays off the right and JJ off the left and can make the runs into the box he'slst effective. Both are big ball carrying players and tall so can head in crosses. 

I like that we now have impact from the bench. For example Bailey, Diaby, Zaniolo, Moreno, Tielemans whomever it is coming on gives us impact.

Nowhere near good enough for this level, too slow, weak, struggles to beat a man, doesn’t want to track back most the time and constantly gives stupid fouls away.

I’m not in anyway blaming him for tonight but he offers next to nothing to this team. He isn’t suited to the way we play.  

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

Nowhere near good enough for this level, too slow, weak, struggles to beat a man, doesn’t want to track back most the time and constantly gives stupid fouls away.

I’m not in anyway blaming him for tonight but he offers next to nothing to this team. He isn’t suited to the way we play.  

That’s so harsh - coming in today’s game from the bench was always a big ask for any player. 
This guy will prove his doubters wrong in the same way that YT is doing imo 

Just now, ChesterDad said:

That’s so harsh - coming in today’s game from the bench was always a big ask for any player. 
This guy will prove his doubters wrong in the same way that YT is doing imo 

Do you think I’m basing my opinion on one game, he’s been awful all season. Offers nothing. You might see something in him mate but he’s been nowhere near the level we need. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

How is this guy getting stick after what we've just watched. 

**** hell.

My opinion is based on the season. Let’s be honest there wasn’t one fan who thought he would make an impression on the game tonight. Not blaming him for the performance at all. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Do you think I’m basing my opinion on one game, he’s been awful all season. Offers nothing. You might see something in him mate but he’s been nowhere near the level we need. 

Actually I do see something in him, in just the same way as I did with YT and believe that he will come good 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Actually I do see something in him, in just the same way as I did with YT and believe that he will come good 👍🏻

Football is about opinions mate. I just see nothing in the kid, I just genuinely don’t see what he has to offer the team. He’s played enough now to see glimpses but other than one run away at Burnley I’ve seen nothing to be encouraged by. I just don’t think he suits the way we play. 

5 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I’m not being funny Chester, but you’re not exactly the oracle saying you thought YT would come good. Bloke was one of the best central midfielders in the prem a couple of years back.

Im all for your optimism with when it comes to NZ, but so far, he’s been pathetic - Sheff Utd goal aside. 

Just now, WHY said:

Football is about opinions mate. I just see nothing in the kid, I just genuinely don’t see what he has to offer the team. He’s played enough now to see glimpses but other than one run away at Burnley I’ve seen nothing to be encouraged by. I just don’t think he suits the way we play. 

I’m assuming you rate the current Leon Bailey ?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not being funny Chester, but you’re not exactly the oracle saying you thought YT would come good. Bloke was one of the best central midfielders in the prem a couple of years back.

Im all for your optimism with when it comes to NZ, but so far, he’s been pathetic - Sheff Utd goal aside. 

This is one of the oddest posts you have put up and totally missed my point by a million miles 

• Like 1

Just now, ChesterDad said:

I’m assuming you rate the current Leon Bailey ?

Bailey has improved no doubt but he suits the way we play. If Zaniolo is going to play wide he needs to be able to beat a man. Bailey even when he wasn’t great could do this, his decision making was letting him down a lot of the time, not his ability. 

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Bailey has improved no doubt but he suits the way we play. If Zaniolo is going to play wide he needs to be able to beat a man. Bailey even when he wasn’t great could do this, his decision making was letting him down a lot of the time, not his ability. 

I kinda think you are trying to justify that you like many of us waited for Bailey to come good - yet you don’t think Zaniolo could do the same ?

I see zero between the Leon Bailey who first came to the club and Zaniolo 

Edited by ChesterDad

Â