Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t think he did tbh - however I am a fan and have faith in him 👍🏻

Hopefully it's the start of increments in his confidence and his performances by default.

You could tell the goal really meant something to him, even considering the opposition 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He kept things simple today and as such a much improved performance.

As you’ll see in previous pages I’m a supporter of him but I thought he was quite poor today.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Took his goal exceptionally well too.  

Agreed but it was the only real thing in my book.  I think he’s had much better games than this imo.

• Like 1

You can tell nothing comes easy for Zaniolo at the moment but he put a shift in and bagged a well taken goal. Also had a couple of decent ish long range efforts which I like as we haven't got a player willing to do that very often. One of those will fly in soon enough. If you look at how rusty Moreno and JJ look then you also have to give him more time. A positive step imo.

• Like 1

I thought he was one of our poorest players in the main, lost the ball often, but he did take the goal very well.

You have to trust Emery’s judgment though - he obviously sees enough quality there to persist with him, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he comes good for us.

Just now, nick76 said:

As you’ll see in previous pages I’m a supporter of him but I thought he was quite poor today.

Agreed but it was the only real thing in my book.  I think he’s had much better games than this imo.

He has had better games, but he needed that goal and a more safety first performance in retaining the ball. If you look at him in comparison to most the team tonight he was in the high performance bracket when it came to goal threat. That's what you want when he's been struggling, as with any player. We all want more but what I did notice tonight was he was a lot more accustomed to left hand side and the system. His touch was also much better which was highlighted in the goal.  It's all about positives imo and his goal tonight saved an additional  game over 2 legs.  

• Like 1

He’s got the ability but that last pass to Duran was emblematic of his failings right now. No quickness in his decision making. Even Duran was giving him grief over it after the match. 

Edited by DJBOB

It's clear he is better off the right as he can cut in and shoot with his left the same way Bailey likes playing from that side. 

He's had a lot happening this year with the furor over his departure from Roma a half season in Turkey then the move to England and the betting scandal. 

Hopefully he's more settled now and can benefit from Emery and the coaching. 

• Like 2

Thought he had a decent game.  

You can tell 2 things; He was desperate for his goal and after he scored it, he seems much more relaxed.

First half was mixed, a few times he tried to blast past his man, but overhit the ball and it went out for a goal kick.  Cash is quite slow at picking a ball sometimes (maybe part of the plan) and didn't make many risky forward passes, which meant a few occasions he had Zani and Diaby looking at his with distain :lol: 

Once he got his goal, he kept things simple and was more metronomic in his passing, which gives us a better rhythm.  And judging from a few performances last night, some of our non-first team players held onto the ball longer than they should have, meaning opponents could get into position quicker and essentially lock us down. 

But yea, really glad for him - the next task is scoring the winner from the bench in a Prem game, that's when we'll start to see him fully integrate. 

At the moment though, he does have a list of reasons as to why he's not at his best, I just hope we get to see that before the season ends so we can make a proper judgement on him. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DJBOB said:

He’s got the ability but that last pass to Duran was emblematic of his failings right now. No quickness in his decision making. Even Duran was giving him grief over it after the match. 

In fairness, even Diaby was guilty of giving the ball away with horrible passes a few times.

Â