Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Removing from the squad is ridiculous? We shouldn't be trying to punish the lad. 

At the end of the day he's struggling, and for whatever reason it isn't happening for him at the moment, but dropping him out the squad would be a horrendous thing for the club to do. Take him out the first 11, give a few weeks out the firing line, help him by all means to get confidence back. If it doesn't work out then fair enough. Dropping someone from the squad though is not the way to handle players unless they're being punished. 

You’re correct, dropping from the squad is harsh but he needs some time out of the team to recapture his confidence.  As I said, I’m sure there’s a player there.  It does worry me that he doesn’t even appear to be able to control a football at the moment.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Generally agree, but Trez holds a bit of cult status for me.

For what he lacked elsewhere, he made up for with genuine effort, passion, and as mentioned, extremely crucial goals.

Love Trez .

Fair enough, really not my kinda player!

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For what he lacked elsewhere, he made up for with genuine effort, passion, and as mentioned, extremely crucial goals.

Love Trez .

This!

• Like 1

One positive knock on effect of our success is a patience with players that I don’t recall as much in the past. When results were spotty at best most posters here were far quicker to judge new players, we’re now seeing a kinder, gentler villa fan which is a positive development.

I have been far from impressed but believe he could still come good. I do question when attempting to play a player into better form where the line is drawn-concerning for me that lately the more he plays the worse his form has looked. Is playing him to improve him for the future worth potentially missing contributions in the here and now from our other options?

Anyone remember Mido?

Starting to get a bit of that vibe around Zaniolo. Not the later career Mido that gave up and became fat and lazy, but the late AJAX period Mido who got a few injuries, started doubting himself and became frustrated to the point that nothing really worked. 

Both massive talents but can't get it to work. Both a bit of a hotheads. Would be a real shame if Zaniolos career went down a similar path to how Mido's did

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

One positive knock on effect of our success is a patience with players that I don’t recall as much in the past. When results were spotty at best most posters here were far quicker to judge new players, we’re now seeing a kinder, gentler villa fan which is a positive development.

Hmm... News to me if that's the case 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Anyone remember Mido?

Starting to get a bit of that vibe around Zaniolo. Not the later career Mido that gave up and became fat and lazy, but the late AJAX period Mido who got a few injuries, started doubting himself and became frustrated to the point that nothing really worked. 

Both massive talents but can't get it to work. Both a bit of a hotheads. Would be a real shame if Zaniolos career went down a similar path to how Mido's did

Poor guy will end up having to play at West Ham, Wigan, Boro and Barnsley

Hoping for him that doesnt happen 😝

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love Trez .

i like to run around with genuine effort and pashun!

can i be your cult hero too?

pretty please!?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i like to run around with genuine effort and pashun!

can i be your cult hero too?

pretty please!?

Have you scored back post winners to keep us up and send us to Wembley 😉

now ramsey is fit we probably won't see a huge amount from him in the next 2 games. then we have a pretty much meaningless game vs a poor bosnian team that we can use to have another look at him

4 hours ago, Buffs said:

You’re correct, dropping from the squad is harsh but he needs some time out of the team to recapture his confidence.  As I said, I’m sure there’s a player there.  It does worry me that he doesn’t even appear to be able to control a football at the moment.

How do you propose he recaptures his confidence if taken out of the team? 

Star City five-a-side league? Watching videos of his Galatasary glory days? Play as himself on FIFA?

14 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How do you propose he recaptures his confidence if taken out of the team? 

Star City five-a-side league? Watching videos of his Galatasary glory days? Play as himself on FIFA?

Give him one of these.

image.png.7af7b533210d0ebc7591f82bd6049148.png

Â