Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I have, I’m just tired of all the negativity when we are in a really good place and in a position most of us barely remember we have been in before 

I'm not sure all posters on here have a vested interest in our success tbh. Constructive criticism is one thing but constant negatives jumping from topic to topic sort of makes it obvious. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.dd2b32eb9aa5aa46d5892766012aebe9.png image.png.60a2c9f5ac88ae6eb8d660e57820525c.pngimage.png.d5ee32b6e05995d053d1f7b3b5fbfca0.png image.png.36abf117ee11f7835a798980715a205f.png 

Above is a sample list of players who 'looked poor' if you took six games for Aston Villa as a sample size. 

I can make a list of another 10 or so players if you like. 

Not sure if that's a troll or if I feel sorry for your opinion. 

Thought Bailey started off pretty well 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Premier-League/27-10-2023/avvocati-di-zaniolo-nessun-indizio-a-suo-carico-mai-scommesso-sul-calcio.shtml

Basically says there him and his legal team went in and restated their position that Zaniolo used illegal (not licensed in Italy) sites to play blackjack and poker. They stated he'd never bet on football matches, only playing cards. 

If that's what the prosecutors find, then he'll get a fine for using the non licensed sites, but on a sporting level there will be no ban as he's not bet on any football matches. 

Hopefully that's how it'll work out.

Yes lets hope so. I dont think hes been very impressive yet but the potential is there plain to see. 

Tonali and Fagioli had pretty quick turnarounds from the prosecutor's office so hopefully he'll get a fine and he can forget all about it. Anyone know if he trained today? Maybe not if he was in Turin/Torino yesterday arvo...

Just saw that AFP is reporting that the Italian FA will not be filing charges against Zaniolo because they did not find evidence that he bet on football.

Edited by TomC
Changed "prosecutors" to "Italian FA"
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, TomC said:

Just saw that AFP is reporting that the Italian FA will not be filing charges against Zaniolo because they did not find evidence that he bet on football.

Hopefully this is the case and he can put this whole event behind him because I'm sure this will have affected him regardless of any guilt or not. 

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.dd2b32eb9aa5aa46d5892766012aebe9.png image.png.60a2c9f5ac88ae6eb8d660e57820525c.pngimage.png.d5ee32b6e05995d053d1f7b3b5fbfca0.png image.png.36abf117ee11f7835a798980715a205f.png 

Above is a sample list of players who 'looked poor' if you took six games for Aston Villa as a sample size. 

I can make a list of another 10 or so players if you like. 

Not sure if that's a troll or if I feel sorry for your opinion. 

That's not true on Bailey. In baileys first 6 games we scored like 13 in the 300 minutes or so he was on the pitch. He looked like a **** god. If he can be fit hopefully he'll get back to that. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's not true on Bailey. In baileys first 6 games we scored like 13 in the 300 minutes or so he was on the pitch. He looked like a **** god. If he can be fit hopefully he'll get back to that. 

Eh? In Baileys first 6 games we lost by an aggregate of 14-4 winning 1 game in 6 in the games that he played in (Smith was sacked at the end of that run). He had a brilliant 23 mins against Everton where he was hyped up beyond belief. After coming back from that niggle he looked like he didn't want to sprint and people were slagging him to high heavens saying things like he was the slowest player in the league and completely useless. 

He's looking like the player we signed now though, and long may it continue. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Eh? In Baileys first 6 games we lost by an aggregate of 14-4 winning 1 game in 6 in the games that he played in (Smith was sacked at the end of that run). He had a brilliant 23 mins against Everton where he was hyped up beyond belief. After coming back from that niggle he looked like he didn't want to sprint and people were slagging him to high heavens saying things like he was the slowest player in the league and completely useless. 

Thats not true. His first 4 league games we scored 6 and he got 3 assists plus a goal

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It might have been the first 8 and 10 goals. 3 years ago now. I remember in his first few games we were scoring at a ridiculous rate whilst he was on the pitch he could just barely get on the pitch and we could barely score without him. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That we only scored 4 goals when we scored more😝

Sorry, its 5!

Still not the greatest aggregate in those games is it. 

The original point being that he was getting peters from some of our fan base by the end of his 6th game for us. 

Edited by Steero113

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

What makes him a villa legend?

I suppose you could ask this question about any of our players? Macca, Sid, Peter Withe, Gary Shaw, the list goes on.

Ugo played with distinction for a number of years - I guess others have to make this distinction? Some try to tell me Agbonlahor is a Villa legend, this overrated talentless footballer could not hold a candle to Ugo imo. I suppose it boils down to opinion at the end of the day.

Regardless - Ugo was a fantastic footballer for us. I’m sure everyone agrees this much. 

• Like 2

Â