Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

16 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's missed a whole season's worth of games SINCE his ACL injuries though.

I know but that was just the injury and the time to get over that injury wasn't it? (Not certain)

Looking at this it was one bad injury and a series of niggles:

Nicolò Zaniolo - Injury history | Transfermarkt

36 games in a couple of seasons is quite a bit, but 7 games through 'muscle fatigue' should be something that could be looked after better (you'd imagine). its also quite and odd list when you see he had 10 days out injured according to the site between May - June 2022 which states he missed 5 games (for Italy). Which is highly unlikely. So take out whatever muscle fatigue is, because I'm sure that's manageable, his injury record isn't as bad as a total crock. I'm also guessing that's why we're loaning first rather than a flat out purchase. If he looks good and stays fit then its worth the punt. If not, then we avoid a jenas situation where we are lumbered with a crock. 

13 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's missed a whole season's worth of games SINCE his ACL injuries though.

Has he?

With the exception of coronavirus I think the longest injury spell he's had out has been 3 weeks at the start of last season (which I think was also around the time that he asked for a transfer from Roma which kicked off the whole issue with Mourinho - so may or may not be 100% genuine).  He's not played for Galatasaray this season but I wonder whether that's because we've been in negotiations and so they've not wanted to risk him.  Then his next longest injury was missing a 10 day camp with Italy at the end of the 21/22 season with an "unknown" injury.

Some of the stats on TransferMkt are very confusing - they have him missing 6 matches (Italy & Roma) in 8 days between 3-11 October 2021, 7 matches in 9 days between 7-16 November 2022 and 5 matches from the 10 day Italian camp mentioned above. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly. If we had listened to Fergy's assessment of him the guy wouldn't have found a club again.

Turned out to be one of the greatest PL defenders of all time - with two dodgy knees and only light training schedules too.

Martin Laursen is another. We knew his history with AC Milan.. And yes he was also unlucky with injuries in his time with us, but when he played, he was one of our best CB's to wear a Villa shirt! His legend status amongst fans speaks for itself even with his massive injury history he had with us.

The game is of course faster now, and its more demanding on forwards than defenders......but this is why the guys get paid big bucks, for decision making.

Sometimes risks can prove worthwhile, as we have just illustrated.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Imagine they spent today filming welcome packages and interviews whilst the melts on social media were too busy moaning about rumours 

That is exactly what happened. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The game is of course faster now, and its more demanding on forwards than defenders......but this is why the guys get paid big bucks, for decision making.

Sometimes risks can prove worthwhile, as we have just illustrated.

Sports science also allows us to better understand these types of injuries, rehabilitate faster and prolong careers. It’s not the career ending injury of old if properly managed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Give it an hour and he'll be off to Everton 😉

He is not married, I don't think.....so no wife to scupper it.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine they spent today filming welcome packages and interviews whilst the melts on social media were too busy moaning about rumours 

Yep. A bit like we seen with Pau Torres etc. There's tonnes of that stuff to get through. 

But that doesn't happen on Football Manager though, so that must mean it doesn't happen in the real world either if we're going by the football think tanks that frequent social media.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Oh mate. Don’t. Di Marzio deleted his copy and totally re-wrote it. They haven’t here. Quit your fishing expedition. 

Not a clue what you mean.

Romano said it's done as well. Is he trustworthy?

Only before you've said he knows nowt.

I'm trying to keep up.

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sports science also allows us to better understand these types of injuries, rehabilitate faster and prolong careers. It’s not the career ending injury of old if properly managed 

I picked up somewhere, where they said if the injury is nursed back properly, the ACL can be stronger.

I think ACL's are notoriously common in football.

My son had Osgood-Schlatter disease at a young age ,that finished his bright future in football....was never the same.....Injuries are major disappoinments, we take for granted.

Nicolo should be fine.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep. A bit like we seen with Pau Torres etc. There's tonnes of that stuff to get through. 

But that doesn't happen on Football Manager though, so that must mean it doesn't happen in the real world either if we're going by the football think tanks that frequent social media.

We are living now in a complex world of detail....The days of on the back of a fag packet are long gone.

We have to be more patient.

Fk knows what happened there ? 

Their story claimed that the 25-year-old is expected to sign the contract ‘by 4pm’ (3pm in England), and will arrive from Galatasaray on a loan with a right for redemption.

Zaniolo is in Birmingham with his father and his staff, ready to complete the move.

Meanwhile, CalcioMercato.it journalist Alessio Alento also confirms the move, and brings more details about it.

According to him, the documents were signed ‘a few minutes ago’. Aston Villa are reportedly spending €3.5m on the loan, and will have a right to buy the player for €20m.

Given his previous knee issues, it would be no surprise if there were at least slight concerns over the situation. It’s quite possible Aston Villa secured last minute concessions from Galatasaray.

Edited by brummybloke

Â